The nation reeled when Bachelor Jordan Mauger called it quits with Bachelorette Fleur Verhoeven just two days after he’d picked her to be his sweetheart on the final of the hit TV3 reality romance show.
After a forlorn Fleur faced the cameras alone to reveal her heartbreak, Jordan was vilified and faced a barrage of abuse. Throughout the media storm, Jordan went to ground.
But there are two sides to every story. And finally, Jordan has broken his silence, talking exclusively to Woman’s Day about his version of the whole sorry affair.
Watch Fleur explain how Jordan broke up with her in the video player - story continues below
“There are many elements to this story,” he told Woman’s Day. “What people saw is just a small slice of the whole picture.”
Jordan reveals he is still very fond of Fleur and they’re friends, but admits he was blindsided by her revealing the break up on national TV, saying he’d always been open and honest about his uncertain feelings once the show finished filming, and she’d been understanding.
Jordan was publicly attacked for letting her face the cameras alone, but he says they’d earlier decided they would issue a joint statement, and he would definitely have been by her side if asked by Fleur or the TV show.
In the in-depth Woman’s Day interview, Jordan also talks freely about his very real chemistry with Naz. He admits he “definitely has a soft spot” for her, hints it was his family that made him opt for Fleur for the finale and reveals whether or not he’ll be pursuing a romance with Naz in future.
But for now, Jordan admits he’s hanging up his dating boots.
“I’ve had my fill of dates for a lifetime! There’s still a space in my life for someone, but I just need time to heal from this.”
Don’t miss the full story in this week’s Woman’s Day.
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have revealed the name of their son
Now To LoveFeb 21, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan are having another baby!
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie & husband Jack Brooksbank have welcomed their first child
Now To LoveFeb 10, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Paul Patterson: 'I'm cooking up romance'
Woman's DayFeb 03, 2021
- MindBeating the bottle: My party girl life was killing me
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 25, 2021
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020