Today marks the 10 year anniversary of the death legendary television presenter and wildlife conservationist, Steve Irwin.
It also coincides with Father's Day.
Remembering her dad, Bindi Irwin posted a very special message to social media this morning which read: You'll be my hero for my entire existence. I love you more than words can describe.
The post has been viewed just over 80,000 times, with many messages of love and support flowing in.
Australia Zoo will hold a Father's Day event today in honour of Steve Irwin's contribution to saving wildlife.
Bindi's mum Terri, as well as herself and brother Robert were invited to the zoo to mark the anniversary, but have declined, a spokeswoman for the Australia Zoo said.
The family are keeping their movements for the day private.
Steve Irwin – one of Australia’s most charismatic and colourful characters – died on September 4, 2006, after being struck multiple times by a stingray barb, while filming in waters off Port Douglas, in Far North Queensland.
The larger-than-life character was only 44-years-old when he died, and young Bindi and Robert aged just eight and two respectively.
The iconic figure was a dedicated wildlife conservationist, and his passion, enthusiasm and commitment to this cause lives on.
Bindi, now aged 18, is well and truly ‘a chip off the old block’ and as dedicated to carrying the conservation message as her father was.
She recently made a trip to the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve, where she, along with a research team, tracked seawater crocodiles.
While on the trip, a photo posted to the Australia Zoo Instagram page, saw a young Bindi posing with a captured crocodile, alongside Steve, mother Terri and brother Robert.
Bindi captioned the post: “On our #CrocTrip2016, and reflecting on these amazing memories.
“Crocodiles will always hold a special place in my heart.”
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019