Angelina Jolie has always been open about her health and her efforts to reduce her risk of developing cancer.
Following a double mastectomy in 2013, the 40-year-old star underwent a second preventive surgery to remove her ovaries and fallopian tubes earlier this year.
The procedure put her into forced menopause, but as Angelina reveals in a new interview with The Daily Telegraph, that particular side effect hasn’t been too difficult to deal with.
“I actually love being in menopause,” she told the publication.
“I haven’t had a terrible reaction to it, so I’m very fortunate. I feel older, and I feel settled being older.”
The By The Sea actress/director sadly lost her grandmother, aunt and mother to cancer over the years, and her family history made her think seriously about the need for preventive procedures.
“I’m someone who didn’t think I would live very long. I’ve been worried about death and cancer and life,” she told People.
“I think I’ve lived very much for the day. Now I’ve settled into my life with my children and Brad.”
The star’s six children have been at the centre of her decision to undergo surgery, with Brad’s support giving her strength.
“[Brad] made it very, very clear to me that what he loved and what was a woman to him was somebody who was smart and capable and cared about her family,” she said in an earlier interview withToday.
“It’s not about your physical body. So I knew through the surgeries that he was on my side and that this wasn’t something where I was going to feel less of a woman, because my husband wasn’t going to let that happen.”
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021