Just like finding the perfect dress, deciding on the right hairstyle for your wedding day is a big - and time-consuming - part of planning a wedding.
While the perfect hairdo can make you feel beautiful on the day, using your (very precious and limited) planning time trawling through magazines for inspiration is a pain.
So why not take inspiration from celebrity 'dos?
She may not be royalty just yet but former Suits actress, Meghan Markle, never misses a beauty beat. Her classy up-do will match most - if not all - wedding dresses, and is perfect for an elegant, classic bride.
CREATE THE LOOK:
1) Start by applying Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Strong Styling Mousse to damp hair and blow dry using a large round brush.
2) Divide your hair into sections and either straighten or curl your hair depending on whether you would prefer a more chic look or textured head of curls.
3) Part your hair how you like (an off-centre, side part works well) and apply Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Push Up Volume Styling Powder to your roots to create volume.
4) Then sweep your hair up into a high pony tail and secure at the top of your head.
4) Next you have two choices: either place a hair donut on top of the pony tail and use this as a base to tuck hair into, or twist and curl sections of hair and secure with pins.
5) Option: if you feel your hair pulled completely off your face is too harsh or you wish for something a bit softer/more romantic, try letting some hair fall around your face or tuck some behind your ear (à la Meghan).
6) Because you'll be dancing all night be sure to apply a heavy duty hairspray that will keep your hair in place: try Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Strong Styling Hairspray for extra hold.
If your dress has a lower neckline (think: sweetheart, off-shoulder or scoop) wearing your hair down is a flattering option. Reese's off-centre, romantic curls are another classic hairstyle favoured by brides.
CREATE THE LOOK:
1) Start by applying Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Texture Styling Spray to damp hair and blow dry using your hand - this will help create volume and texture.
2) Once your hair is dry, apply Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Heat Spray to protect your locks against damage.
3) Then, using a large baffled iron, curl the hair but leave the ends straight.
4) Next use a little Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Push Up Volume Styling Powder on the root area to create more volume (you can also apply to ends for a more textured finish).
5) Spray a bit of Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Texture Styling Hair Spray for added control.
Margot Robbie's no-fuss up-do is perfect for low-maintenance brides who don't want to be fixing their hair by the reception.
CREATE THE LOOK:
1) Begin by applying Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Express Dry Blow Dry Spray on to damp hair and blowdry using your hand - you really want the hair to go into its natural part for this look.
2) At this stage (when hair is dry), you may choose to create more texture and movement in your hair by using a curling iron.
3) Once done - or if you're happy with your hair's natural texture - gather all your hair and quickly create an unstructured, messy french roll. Pin with large U-pins and keep going until you create the look you're happy with. The trick here is to keep adding and subtracting hair to suit your preferences.
4) Finish with a gentle hold hairspray like Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Texture Styling Hair Spray.
Be it a chic up-do or flowing waves, choose a hairstyle that makes you feel confident, happy and beautiful. You will treasure your wedding day for years to come, so no matter your hairstyle, have a wonderful and dreamy day.
The Schwarzkopf hair care range is available in leading department stores, supermarkets and pharmacies nationwide.
*Meghan Markle, Reese Witherspoon and Margot Robbie are not affiliated with Schwarzkopf for the purpose of this article.
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayToday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:55am
- RoyalsPlastic surgery clinic slammed for misusing Kate Middleton's face to promote face lift
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine wore this special brooch on Remembrance Sunday for a very touching reason
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a set of pearls thanks to Michael Hill Jewellers
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- RelationshipsWestside actress Jessica Grace Smith's romantic beachside proposal
Woman's DayNov 10, 2019
- MindWhy saying 'yes' to stress can actually benefit us
Good Health ChoicesNov 09, 2019
- BodyRenee Wright: Why I'm prioritising my health this summer
NEXTNov 09, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Charles shakes hands with trees after he plants them to 'wish them well'
Now To LoveNov 08, 2019