It's only natural that every bride wants to look great on her big day, but when your wedding ceremony is going to be watched by millions of people around the world, it's arguably even more important to make sure you're happy with your bridal make-up.
Which is perhaps why Meghan Markle has reportedly enlisted the services of two reliable friends to act as her unofficial make-up artists for the royal wedding.
While Meghan could certainly have her pick of the world's most in-demand make-up artists on May 19th – in fact, there has previously been some speculation that Princess Diana's go-to make-up artist Mary Greenwell, who worked with Meghan for her Vanity Fair cover shoot, might be in the running - it seems she'd rather stick with a familiar option.
It's a sentiment which we can definitely empathise with (when it comes to your wedding make-up, it's important to feel like you can be honest about what's working and what isn't, after all).
"She's got two friends doing it for her from America," an insider told the Express. "They're not professionals – just close friends of hers. They are coming to stay at Windsor Castle ahead of the wedding, where they will be put up in the staff accommodation."
Should she choose not to have a professional make-up artist for her wedding day, Meghan would be following in the footsteps of her future sister-in-law, the Duchess of Cambridge.
When she married Prince William in 2011, Kate famously chose to do her own make-up for the Westminster Abbey ceremony, having reportedly sought advice from Bobbi Brown pro artist Hannah Martin and Arabella Preston, founder of skincare brand Votary.
However, the rules certainly aren't set in stone when it comes to royal wedding day beauty; Princess Diana sought the assistance of Barbara Daly when she married Prince Charles.
It seems wedding day make-up comes down to the personal preferences of the bride - and we can't wait to see what beauty look Meghan chooses for her big day!
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcome their first child, a baby girl
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Tegan Yorwarth's message to internet trolls
Woman's DaySep 20, 2021
- TVBlack Ferns star Huriana Manuel's Olympic heartbreak
Woman's DaySep 15, 2021
- TVProud Dad Art Green: 'My little girl is just so special'
Woman's DaySep 13, 2021
- Celebrity NewsAngela Bloomfield's tears and fears: 'I haven't given up on love!'
Woman's DaySep 07, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJoe Naufahu's heartbreak: 'I'm doing this for Mum'
Woman's DaySep 06, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi parents nightmare: 'Our son should still be here'
Woman's DaySep 03, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi Paralympic kayaker Corbin Hart's unstoppable romance
Woman's DayAug 28, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island hosts Bree Tomasel and Matt Chisholm's special bond
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021
- Real LifeTVNZ reporter Michelle Prendiville opens up about her alopecia
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021