Damaged hair can be the result of any number of things – heat styling, UV exposure, salt water or chlorine, harsh environments, product build-up, poor quality brushes, hair ties and, of course, over bleaching or colouring.
Being older and more fragile, long hair is even more prone to damage. Add being regularly scraped back into tight ponytails and braids, and you have some seriously stressed follicles.
But before you reach for the scissors, consider that a great hair-care regime could be all you need to restore your hair's condition and retain that length you love.
We're not talking expensive salon treatments or hard-to-find products, either. In fact, a three-step solution is sitting on the shelf at your local supermarket, in the form of the Schwarzkopf Extra Care range.
Specifically formulated for long hair, this range includes a shampoo, conditioner and intensive mask containing keratin serum, as well as micro repair lipids and peony essence for increased suppleness and shine. Designed to gently cleanse oily roots, the three-step system promises to repair damaged lengths and protect against future damage.
Designed for normal to stressed hair, this range includes a shampoo, conditioner and express mousse treatment, and is formulated with keratin serum to reinforce hair structure. It also contains argan oil from Morocco – proven to make hair softer, silkier and shinier while helping to treat split ends and tame frizz. A luxurious oil serum makes for an indulgent and effective add-on.
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcome their first child, a baby girl
Now To LoveSep 21, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Tegan Yorwarth's message to internet trolls
Woman's DaySep 20, 2021
- TVBlack Ferns star Huriana Manuel's Olympic heartbreak
Woman's DaySep 15, 2021
- TVProud Dad Art Green: 'My little girl is just so special'
Woman's DaySep 13, 2021
- Celebrity NewsAngela Bloomfield's tears and fears: 'I haven't given up on love!'
Woman's DaySep 07, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJoe Naufahu's heartbreak: 'I'm doing this for Mum'
Woman's DaySep 06, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi parents nightmare: 'Our son should still be here'
Woman's DaySep 03, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi Paralympic kayaker Corbin Hart's unstoppable romance
Woman's DayAug 28, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island hosts Bree Tomasel and Matt Chisholm's special bond
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021
- Real LifeTVNZ reporter Michelle Prendiville opens up about her alopecia
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021