Damaged hair can be the result of any number of things – heat styling, UV exposure, salt water or chlorine, harsh environments, product build-up, poor quality brushes, hair ties and, of course, over bleaching or colouring.
Being older and more fragile, long hair is even more prone to damage. Add being regularly scraped back into tight ponytails and braids, and you have some seriously stressed follicles.
But before you reach for the scissors, consider that a great hair-care regime could be all you need to restore your hair's condition and retain that length you love.
We're not talking expensive salon treatments or hard-to-find products, either. In fact, a three-step solution is sitting on the shelf at your local supermarket, in the form of the Schwarzkopf Extra Care range.
Specifically formulated for long hair, this range includes a shampoo, conditioner and intensive mask containing keratin serum, as well as micro repair lipids and peony essence for increased suppleness and shine. Designed to gently cleanse oily roots, the three-step system promises to repair damaged lengths and protect against future damage.
Designed for normal to stressed hair, this range includes a shampoo, conditioner and express mousse treatment, and is formulated with keratin serum to reinforce hair structure. It also contains argan oil from Morocco – proven to make hair softer, silkier and shinier while helping to treat split ends and tame frizz. A luxurious oil serum makes for an indulgent and effective add-on.
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have revealed the name of their son
Now To LoveFeb 21, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan are having another baby!
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie & husband Jack Brooksbank have welcomed their first child
Now To LoveFeb 10, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Paul Patterson: 'I'm cooking up romance'
Woman's DayFeb 03, 2021
- MindBeating the bottle: My party girl life was killing me
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 25, 2021
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020