Damaged hair can be the result of any number of things – heat styling, UV exposure, salt water or chlorine, harsh environments, product build-up, poor quality brushes, hair ties and, of course, over bleaching or colouring.
Being older and more fragile, long hair is even more prone to damage. Add being regularly scraped back into tight ponytails and braids, and you have some seriously stressed follicles.
But before you reach for the scissors, consider that a great hair-care regime could be all you need to restore your hair's condition and retain that length you love.
We're not talking expensive salon treatments or hard-to-find products, either. In fact, a three-step solution is sitting on the shelf at your local supermarket, in the form of the Schwarzkopf Extra Care range.
Specifically formulated for long hair, this range includes a shampoo, conditioner and intensive mask containing keratin serum, as well as micro repair lipids and peony essence for increased suppleness and shine. Designed to gently cleanse oily roots, the three-step system promises to repair damaged lengths and protect against future damage.
Designed for normal to stressed hair, this range includes a shampoo, conditioner and express mousse treatment, and is formulated with keratin serum to reinforce hair structure. It also contains argan oil from Morocco – proven to make hair softer, silkier and shinier while helping to treat split ends and tame frizz. A luxurious oil serum makes for an indulgent and effective add-on.
- Married at First SightMAFS Patrick and Belinda: 'Pat will make a great Dad!'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Married at First SightMAFS Bryce & Melissa: 'We're getting our own show!'
Woman's DayMay 04, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021