Damaged hair can be the result of any number of things – heat styling, UV exposure, salt water or chlorine, harsh environments, product build-up, poor quality brushes, hair ties and, of course, over bleaching or colouring.
Being older and more fragile, long hair is even more prone to damage. Add being regularly scraped back into tight ponytails and braids, and you have some seriously stressed follicles.
But before you reach for the scissors, consider that a great hair-care regime could be all you need to restore your hair's condition and retain that length you love.
We're not talking expensive salon treatments or hard-to-find products, either. In fact, a three-step solution is sitting on the shelf at your local supermarket, in the form of the Schwarzkopf Extra Care range.
Specifically formulated for long hair, this range includes a shampoo, conditioner and intensive mask containing keratin serum, as well as micro repair lipids and peony essence for increased suppleness and shine. Designed to gently cleanse oily roots, the three-step system promises to repair damaged lengths and protect against future damage.
Designed for normal to stressed hair, this range includes a shampoo, conditioner and express mousse treatment, and is formulated with keratin serum to reinforce hair structure. It also contains argan oil from Morocco – proven to make hair softer, silkier and shinier while helping to treat split ends and tame frizz. A luxurious oil serum makes for an indulgent and effective add-on.
- RoyalsThe Cambridges are set to visit Ireland as the Sussexes return to the UK
Now To LoveToday 3:00pm
- PetsIt's getting hot in here: Expert advice on caring for your pet over summer
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight Australia 2019 stars: Where are they now?
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerWhy Judy Bailey's latest project had everyone thinking she was getting inked
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:40am
- CareerWhy Laura Dern deserves every acting award she gets!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:31am
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight bride Poppy Jennings' unexpected exit: what really went on
Now To LoveYesterday 8:55pm
- RoyalsPrince William reveals the unexpected activity the Cambridge children tried over the school break
Now To LoveYesterday 3:35pm
- BodyThis Kiwi mum lost a staggering 65kg in a year but says she will always miss her old size
Woman's DayYesterday 2:15pm
- RoyalsThe internet thinks The Sussexes just made a subtle dig at Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie
Now To LoveYesterday 12:50pm
- BodyWhy acupuncture could be the pathway to a healthier body and menstrual cycle
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:40am
- TVChelsea Winter's former husband Michael Bullot opens up about kids and marriage
Now To LoveFeb 23, 2020
- FamilyArt and Matilda Green open up about becoming parents and why they're keeping it real on social media
Good Health ChoicesFeb 23, 2020
- MindDo you have FOBO? Why the fear of better options could be fuel for anxiety
Good Health ChoicesFeb 22, 2020
- FamilyA mum's worst nightmare: 'I saw my son floating lifeless'
Woman's DayFeb 22, 2020