Auckland’s Stacy Gregg (46) is the author of bestselling children’s novels. Her latest, The Princess And The Foal (HarperCollins), is out now.
My beauty philosophy is...
Only spend money on things that actually work.
The skincare products I can’t live without are...
Faceworks Herbal Facewash, Osmosis PolishEnzyme/Firming Mask (this is an exfoliant that works on the skin without scrubbing), and Sans Activator 7Body + Hair + Face Oil –which I use on my horse’s face as well as my own! My top product is FaceworksEnvironmentalProtector SPF 30+. When you ride horses, the sun is your skin’s worst enemy and this block really works.
My haircare secret is...
Lucy Marr at lucy & thepowder room in Takapuna. Because I have “big” hair and spend loads of time outdoors, it’s very hard to keep it in good nick. I try to visit her religiously every five weeks.
The must-have products in my make-up bag are...
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream. Now that I’m older, I find heavy foundations look too matte and create more lines. I wear MAC lipsticks, Clinique bronzers and remain strangely devoted to Maybelline NY GreatLash, which I’ve worn since I was 12. I have long lashes – they don’t need fussy products.
My favourite beauty treat is...
I’m not actually about treats; I’m all about results. I get Botox every four months. I have deep crow’s feet and a set of railway tracks running vertically between my brows. Without Botox, I frown so badly I get headaches. Also, one of my eyebrows is lopsided from having a lazy eye as a child and the treatment rectifies this.
My biggest beauty sin is...
I end up every summer with tanned arms and white legs from wearing a singlet top and jodhpurs.
The best thing my mother taught me about beauty was...
Actually, I’m the one doing the teaching. I regularly take my 13-year-old daughter for lash tinting and brow shaping. I think a brow shape is such a powerful influencer.
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019