The hottest buys for the budget-conscious beauty addict
HAIR & BoDY Hair and body products tend to have loud, bright packaging to catch your eye when they're on the supermarket shelf. It can all look a bit overwhelming in your bathroom, so why not try decanting shampoos and body washes into pretty glass jars like these ones from Stevens and The Warehouse and then recycle the original containers, of course! There's some great stuff out there to try and you may even have some containers around the house you can put to good use.
Remember the days when budget hair products were aimed at only three hair types oily, normal or dry? Well times have changed. Alberto V05 shampoo and conditioner $5.99 are targeted at boosting volume, beating frizz or defying colour fade.
BEAUTY oN THE Go A friend who went to the oscars told me all the big stars have personal makeup artists waiting in the ladies' to give them touch-ups during the ceremony! Get ready to snap up the budget alternative the Australis Rush Hour Palette $14.90. Four eyeshadows, three blushes, two lip glosses and one lipstick in a mirrored case. This will become a handbag essential. Find yours at Farmers stores in August.
Another handbag-friendly product is Maybelline New York Color Definer Shadow $21.99. It's a long-wearing cream shadow that comes in 10 shades my favourite's Blue Delicious.
FACE Remove makeup and neutralise the dulling effects of dirt and pollution on the skin with Garnier Clean Detox Anti-dullness Foaming Gel $11.99. Give your skin an at-home mini-peel with olay Regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher $19.99. This clever product gently self-heats to relax the pores and then micro-crystals slough away dull old skin.
ooisturise and fight the signs of ageing with Nivea Visage Anti-Wrinkle Q10 Plus Day Cream $19.22. There's also a lighter version for women with oily skin. Both contain Coenzyme Q10, a vitamin-like substance that gives the skin energy for cell repair and regeneration.
- CompetitionsWin a Limited Edition Sacred Hill Copper Foil Print
Good Health ChoicesToday 5:00pm
- BodyCould a weighted blanket help you stress less and sleep better?
Now To LoveToday 4:15pm
- CareerWhat Kiwi actress Ginette McDonald really thinks of her daughter Kate McGill following in her footsteps
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry’s reaction to this boy not believing he’s a real royal is seriously priceless
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyHow art therapy helped us cope with the grief of losing their dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:04am
- Real LifeThe question that caused Jacinda Ardern to falter during her visit to Cashmere High School
Now To LoveYesterday 4:39pm
- FitnessThe reasons why you should also be foam rolling before you work out
Now To LoveYesterday 4:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine has made her first ever solo public appearance with The Queen
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Sam Wallace and his adorable new obsession - baby Brando
Woman's DayYesterday 1:50pm
- FamilyEight ways to get your kids off their screens and out into nature
Now To LoveYesterday 11:43am