The hottest buys for the budget-conscious beauty addict
HAIR & BoDY Hair and body products tend to have loud, bright packaging to catch your eye when they're on the supermarket shelf. It can all look a bit overwhelming in your bathroom, so why not try decanting shampoos and body washes into pretty glass jars like these ones from Stevens and The Warehouse and then recycle the original containers, of course! There's some great stuff out there to try and you may even have some containers around the house you can put to good use.
Remember the days when budget hair products were aimed at only three hair types oily, normal or dry? Well times have changed. Alberto V05 shampoo and conditioner $5.99 are targeted at boosting volume, beating frizz or defying colour fade.
BEAUTY oN THE Go A friend who went to the oscars told me all the big stars have personal makeup artists waiting in the ladies' to give them touch-ups during the ceremony! Get ready to snap up the budget alternative the Australis Rush Hour Palette $14.90. Four eyeshadows, three blushes, two lip glosses and one lipstick in a mirrored case. This will become a handbag essential. Find yours at Farmers stores in August.
Another handbag-friendly product is Maybelline New York Color Definer Shadow $21.99. It's a long-wearing cream shadow that comes in 10 shades my favourite's Blue Delicious.
FACE Remove makeup and neutralise the dulling effects of dirt and pollution on the skin with Garnier Clean Detox Anti-dullness Foaming Gel $11.99. Give your skin an at-home mini-peel with olay Regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher $19.99. This clever product gently self-heats to relax the pores and then micro-crystals slough away dull old skin.
ooisturise and fight the signs of ageing with Nivea Visage Anti-Wrinkle Q10 Plus Day Cream $19.22. There's also a lighter version for women with oily skin. Both contain Coenzyme Q10, a vitamin-like substance that gives the skin energy for cell repair and regeneration.
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021
- Royals"She's alright!": The Queen makes her first in-person appearance since October hospital scare
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 18, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKim Crossman's hidden heartache and why being a mum will have to wait
Woman's DayNov 18, 2021
- Food & DrinksEnjoy the taste of Provence with these refreshing rosé wines
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum Rachel reveals how her premature son changed her life
Woman's DayNov 17, 2021