Eavesdropping in public falls into the same category of societal no-nos as white lies; a grey area we are are all guilty of but prefer not to talk about.
In this situation, we're super glad Twitter user @mzbat made her eavesdropping public, tweeting a couples airport fight to her 24.5K followers.
The couple (who remain nameless) began a discussion about an upcoming promotion the girlfriend was being offered, which her boyfriend was asking her to turn down because everyone would know she would be making more money than him.
If reading that made your blood boil, you're not alone - but stay with it.
It was at this stage the woman wiped her tears away and said, " kids? who said anything about me ever wanting kids?!"
We agree with @mzbats; Airport Lady is the hero we all need as we enter 2018 and leave the ups and downs of 2017 behind us.
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am