The whistle sounds, the wheels turn and the journey begins. In the golden age of travel, rail journeys opened up the world to adventure-seekers who wanted to experience the pleasures of life abroad in a comfortable, convenient and relaxing way.
With Travelmarvel relive the romance of rail in many destinations including Asia, Australia, Europe, New Zealand and the USA.
Throughout your rail journey you’ll be looked after by a dedicated Great Rail Journeys Tour Escort. Knowledgeable local guides will give you an insider’s perspective into the fascinating destination you visit.
16 Day Arctic Circle Express – Stockholm to Oslo
Begin your 16 day tour with 2 nights in in Stockholm. Travel north into the untamed wilderness of Lapland aboard the iconic Inlandsbanan train. Cross the Arctic Circle by coach before travelling on the Ofoten and Rauma railways. Enjoy a cruise and witness first-hand the exquisite scenery of the spectacular World Heritage-listed Geirangerfjord. Travel to the tiny quaint village of Flam, home to one of the world’s most remarkable railways – the Flam Railway. Here you’ll board your train and travel along one of the steepest railways in the world. Discover Norway’s longest and deepest fjord, the Sognefjord before travelling on Europe’s highest railway line, the Bergen railway. This train journey travels through remote areas of Western Norway before arriving in Oslo.
To see how you can save $1,000 per couple, click here
Tour price from $8,845 per person twin share, including stated saving amount and Early Payment Discount, valid when you pay in full 10 months prior to departure. Price based on 10 August 2018 departure.
To request a brochure, click here
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019