A triathlete from America is making a lifelong dream a reality – through a winning combination of adventurousness, courage, and some seriously jammy sponsorships.
26-year-old Cassie De Pecol is on a mission to promote “peace through tourism,” by travelling to every all 196 sovereign nations of the world.
Beginning her mission on July 24th 2015, Cassie’s mission is to travel to every country on earth in an effort to break a Guinness World Record for the fastest female around the world.
On her travels, Cassie is bringing the message of peace and sustainability, travelling as a “global citizen.”
As the chief explorer on the expedition, Cassie says this mission is going to be her “legacy.”
“I love finding new inspiring things, place, people, environments,” says Cassie, who has already done her fair share of travelling.
As a college dropout, Cassie travelled across four continents with just $2,000 in her bank account, sleeping in train stations, living off bread, hitchhiking and interning for sustainable tourism companies.
Along the way, Cassie is sampling waters to test them for microplastics – the pollutants from common household and cosmetic items that are ruining the world’s waterways.
In addition, Cassie is attempting to offset her carbon footprint by planting trees along the way. Follow her Instagram page for regular updates on her mission.
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayToday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:55am
- RoyalsPlastic surgery clinic slammed for misusing Kate Middleton's face to promote face lift
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine wore this special brooch on Remembrance Sunday for a very touching reason
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a set of pearls thanks to Michael Hill Jewellers
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- RelationshipsWestside actress Jessica Grace Smith's romantic beachside proposal
Woman's DayNov 10, 2019
- MindWhy saying 'yes' to stress can actually benefit us
Good Health ChoicesNov 09, 2019
- BodyRenee Wright: Why I'm prioritising my health this summer
NEXTNov 09, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Charles shakes hands with trees after he plants them to 'wish them well'
Now To LoveNov 08, 2019