Humans are creatures of habit. We have our favourite cafés, our usual stores and our tried and true gym classes. While the familiar is convenient and practical, it can be easy to get into a rut. So when life's demands get a bit much, it's essential to mix things up.
Auckland's central city is a haven for rejuvenation. So rather than planning an expensive getaway to escape the mundane, you could try an outing a little closer to home. All you need to do is hop in your Honda HR-V RS – it's the perfect companion as you head out to scout.
To inspire you on your own adventures, we took our Honda HR-V RS and went exploring around Auckland (with lots of pampering and treats along the way). Here's what we found…
Nothing makes us feel better than looking after our skin. After an invigorating class at Kcöre Pilates Studio, head into The Facialist for a Spring Clean Facial (trust us, you'll be glowing). City Works Depot really is a haven for pampering: if you need to detox a little more, a few doors down you'll find The Raw Kitchen for a freshly squeezed juice. Pop it in the Honda HR-V's cup holder and you're good to go.
If you're after a leisurely bite, sit down at Odettes; their signature whipped feta is a go-to for any big brekky. For a healthy takeout lunch, &Sushi is your best bet: their delightful kimchi adds a Korean twist to Japanese dishes.
There's nothing quite like a fresh bunch of flowers next to your bed. The Botanist does everything from pretty posies to extravagant bouquets. After, jot into Dry & Tea for a blow-dry and a lick of polish at Pop Nails.
After perusing the pretty jewels at Zoe and Morgan, head out of the CBD to Orakei Bay Village for some retail therapy. While inner city traffic can be manic, the Honda HR-V's City Brake Assist (a function that helps prevent nose-to-tails in low-speed zones) is a reassuring way to get from A to B. Once you're in Orakei, get your fitness fix at People Like Us – they've got the goods for activewear – then treat yourself to a new candle at Father Rabbit. Finish the excursion with some on-trend homewares from The Block NZ 2014 winners Alex and Corban Wells' store, Alex & Corban.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am