Humans are creatures of habit. We have our favourite cafés, our usual stores and our tried and true gym classes. While the familiar is convenient and practical, it can be easy to get into a rut. So when life's demands get a bit much, it's essential to mix things up.
Auckland's central city is a haven for rejuvenation. So rather than planning an expensive getaway to escape the mundane, you could try an outing a little closer to home. All you need to do is hop in your Honda HR-V RS – it's the perfect companion as you head out to scout.
To inspire you on your own adventures, we took our Honda HR-V RS and went exploring around Auckland (with lots of pampering and treats along the way). Here's what we found…
Nothing makes us feel better than looking after our skin. After an invigorating class at Kcöre Pilates Studio, head into The Facialist for a Spring Clean Facial (trust us, you'll be glowing). City Works Depot really is a haven for pampering: if you need to detox a little more, a few doors down you'll find The Raw Kitchen for a freshly squeezed juice. Pop it in the Honda HR-V's cup holder and you're good to go.
If you're after a leisurely bite, sit down at Odettes; their signature whipped feta is a go-to for any big brekky. For a healthy takeout lunch, &Sushi is your best bet: their delightful kimchi adds a Korean twist to Japanese dishes.
There's nothing quite like a fresh bunch of flowers next to your bed. The Botanist does everything from pretty posies to extravagant bouquets. After, jot into Dry & Tea for a blow-dry and a lick of polish at Pop Nails.
After perusing the pretty jewels at Zoe and Morgan, head out of the CBD to Orakei Bay Village for some retail therapy. While inner city traffic can be manic, the Honda HR-V's City Brake Assist (a function that helps prevent nose-to-tails in low-speed zones) is a reassuring way to get from A to B. Once you're in Orakei, get your fitness fix at People Like Us – they've got the goods for activewear – then treat yourself to a new candle at Father Rabbit. Finish the excursion with some on-trend homewares from The Block NZ 2014 winners Alex and Corban Wells' store, Alex & Corban.
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals one of Prince Louis’ surprising first words
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice’s sweet text to Ellie Goulding about their friendship was revealed on TV
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- FamilyParaplegic dad's joy: The newborn son we never thought we'd have
Woman's DayToday 9:45am
- CareerHow footwear designer Kathryn Wilson uses her Samsung Galaxy Note10+ for work and play
Now To LoveToday 9:42am
- CompetitionsWin a gum health prize pack with Oral B and NZ Woman’s Weekly!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney's hot new romance: 'Meet my toyboy lover'
Woman's DayToday 8:10am
- MindWhy procrastination can be more harmful than we think - and what we can do about it
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- RelationshipsWho was Lezlie Manukian? The Californian girl who swindled a Kiwi family out of their life savings
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyChristmas with the stars: How Laura McGoldrick will be spending the holidays
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- PetsCaring for elderly pets (the trick is to think of them as furry grandparents)
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- SkincareThe surprising benefits of caffeine for your skin and body
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- BodyPerimenopause: the 'change before the change' explained
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 13, 2019