Humans are creatures of habit. We have our favourite cafés, our usual stores and our tried and true gym classes. While the familiar is convenient and practical, it can be easy to get into a rut. So when life's demands get a bit much, it's essential to mix things up.
Auckland's central city is a haven for rejuvenation. So rather than planning an expensive getaway to escape the mundane, you could try an outing a little closer to home. All you need to do is hop in your Honda HR-V RS – it's the perfect companion as you head out to scout.
To inspire you on your own adventures, we took our Honda HR-V RS and went exploring around Auckland (with lots of pampering and treats along the way). Here's what we found…
Nothing makes us feel better than looking after our skin. After an invigorating class at Kcöre Pilates Studio, head into The Facialist for a Spring Clean Facial (trust us, you'll be glowing). City Works Depot really is a haven for pampering: if you need to detox a little more, a few doors down you'll find The Raw Kitchen for a freshly squeezed juice. Pop it in the Honda HR-V's cup holder and you're good to go.
If you're after a leisurely bite, sit down at Odettes; their signature whipped feta is a go-to for any big brekky. For a healthy takeout lunch, &Sushi is your best bet: their delightful kimchi adds a Korean twist to Japanese dishes.
There's nothing quite like a fresh bunch of flowers next to your bed. The Botanist does everything from pretty posies to extravagant bouquets. After, jot into Dry & Tea for a blow-dry and a lick of polish at Pop Nails.
After perusing the pretty jewels at Zoe and Morgan, head out of the CBD to Orakei Bay Village for some retail therapy. While inner city traffic can be manic, the Honda HR-V's City Brake Assist (a function that helps prevent nose-to-tails in low-speed zones) is a reassuring way to get from A to B. Once you're in Orakei, get your fitness fix at People Like Us – they've got the goods for activewear – then treat yourself to a new candle at Father Rabbit. Finish the excursion with some on-trend homewares from The Block NZ 2014 winners Alex and Corban Wells' store, Alex & Corban.
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019