Humans are creatures of habit. We have our favourite cafés, our usual stores and our tried and true gym classes. While the familiar is convenient and practical, it can be easy to get into a rut. So when life's demands get a bit much, it's essential to mix things up.
Auckland's central city is a haven for rejuvenation. So rather than planning an expensive getaway to escape the mundane, you could try an outing a little closer to home. All you need to do is hop in your Honda HR-V RS – it's the perfect companion as you head out to scout.
To inspire you on your own adventures, we took our Honda HR-V RS and went exploring around Auckland (with lots of pampering and treats along the way). Here's what we found…
Nothing makes us feel better than looking after our skin. After an invigorating class at Kcöre Pilates Studio, head into The Facialist for a Spring Clean Facial (trust us, you'll be glowing). City Works Depot really is a haven for pampering: if you need to detox a little more, a few doors down you'll find The Raw Kitchen for a freshly squeezed juice. Pop it in the Honda HR-V's cup holder and you're good to go.
If you're after a leisurely bite, sit down at Odettes; their signature whipped feta is a go-to for any big brekky. For a healthy takeout lunch, &Sushi is your best bet: their delightful kimchi adds a Korean twist to Japanese dishes.
There's nothing quite like a fresh bunch of flowers next to your bed. The Botanist does everything from pretty posies to extravagant bouquets. After, jot into Dry & Tea for a blow-dry and a lick of polish at Pop Nails.
After perusing the pretty jewels at Zoe and Morgan, head out of the CBD to Orakei Bay Village for some retail therapy. While inner city traffic can be manic, the Honda HR-V's City Brake Assist (a function that helps prevent nose-to-tails in low-speed zones) is a reassuring way to get from A to B. Once you're in Orakei, get your fitness fix at People Like Us – they've got the goods for activewear – then treat yourself to a new candle at Father Rabbit. Finish the excursion with some on-trend homewares from The Block NZ 2014 winners Alex and Corban Wells' store, Alex & Corban.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Married at First SightIs MAFS' Mike Gunner running his own fan page? The signs are compelling!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019
- BodyWhat it's like one year on from weight-loss surgery
Now To LoveFeb 12, 2019