Cordis was the perfect choice, thanks to their family rooms complete with kitchen facilities and kid-friendly services. Check-in was an unexpected highlight,with Cordis mascot Cody the Red Panda there to greet us as a special treat, step ladders so the boys could check in themselves (once they'd finished chasing Cody's tail), and a stunning lobby space for me to swoon over. Then it was time to explore.
Being in the city meant we could reconnect with what we love about central Auckland including visiting all of my personalised places being my favourite shops.
Over the course of the weekend, we took the free Cordis e-bikes to the park and over the pink cycleway. We had a divine New Zealand-inspired high tea in the hotel lobby, visited the art gallery and strolled through the museum.
We took the complimentary Cordis shuttle to Customs Street, where we shopped and bought ice creams before boat-watching at the waterfront. We even saw a movie at Imax followed by a hilarious game of ten pin bowling (the ball was almost heavier than Jett).
But perhaps most importantly, we completely relaxed. Steven and I have always loved hotels, but we didn't expect our kids would love the luxurious little 'Cordis Kids' touches as much as they did.
After a busy morning, they'd relax in the room enjoying the children's backpacks provided, filled with stickers, a treasure hunt map, Jenga and Scrabble. After a late-arvo swim in the heated rooftop pool and jacuzzi, they rinsed off in the giant bath and swanned around the luxe bathroom in their adorable Cordis Kids dressing gowns and slippers.
Following a delicious dinner from the kids 'room service menu, the boys snuggled into bed with their free soft toys and watched the latest movies, wide-eyed at the giant TV screen.
They felt special and pampered, and so did we. I had time for an incredible Chuan Spa session, and then swapped with Steve who got in a workout at the wellness centre.
As parents, one of the most powerful parts of the stay was the complete lack of parental life admin, including cleaning and cooking. Some hotels are all about me time, but this was our time, as a family. Who says you can't relax in the city?
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am