You might not be a celebrity, but in LA, you can sure feel like one! Here are the top five ways to get your Hollywood glam on in the City of Angels.
They don't call it the Ritz for nothing! For a true star-worthy experience, splurge on the champagne & shimmer body treatment at The Ritz Carlton.
The 80-minute treatment was inspired by the golden era of Hollywood, and involves actual champagne seeds and oils being gently massaged into your skin.
But the real kicker is the dusting of 24-karat gold powder that leaves me feeling if not Oscar-worthy, at least Oscar-like, albeit with far smoother skin and a damn good glow! The Ritz also has an amazing lounge with coffee, tea and snacks for chilling out afterwards.
I challenge anyone to go to Malibu without singing Miley Cyrus' seminal classic, but a trip out to the coast is an absolute must.
For a true celeb experience, pop into A-list favourite Nobu for a drink and a bite while overlooking the Pacific Ocean (don't forget to keep a lookout for stars!) If the chance of an encounter with Hugh Jackman isn't enough, the incredible cocktails and snacks will more than suffice.
The wagyu beef taco may have been one of the best things I've ever eaten, and the yuzu kumquat cooler – of which I had no idea what to expect and to be honest, I'm still a little confused about – was delicious.
Sweat, detox, repeat – sounds like the perfect motto for a Hollywood star! If you've had a big night and you're firmly on struggle street, a visit to Hollywood's Sweatheory is a must.
The friendly team will make you feel like a box of fluffies from the inside out, starting with vitamin injections and IVs. You can go for the aptly named Hangover Helper or the Anti-Ageing drips, or pick from the eight different injections on offer.
I went for a quick Power Up injection of B12, B-complex and folic acid, and definitely left with a wee spring in my step! If that's not enough, you can also indulge in a spot of reiki and crystal healing, infrared saunas, angel card reading, body sculpting and body wraps. Namaste indeed.
Channel your inner star in Hollywood and stay at the hyper-modern Dream Hotel Hollywood. With massive rooms and views out to the city – mine looked towards the Church of Scientology headquarters, hi Tom! – complete with a fully stocked bar (not mini-bar), a record player and a bathroom dreams are made of, it's hard to leave. Plus, the rooftop bar and pool absolutely crank when the sun goes down!
But the true golden time is early evening – grab a mate and a cocktail and watch the sun set over the famous Hollywood sign for a true pinch-me moment.
No trip to LA is complete without a bit of shopping and while Rodeo Drive is lovely to walk down, it's not exactly in my budget!
Take a trip to Mid-City's The Grove instead – with a magically musical fountain, charming market, delicious restaurants and high-street stores, it's the perfect way to spend an afternoon.
After living like a star for a few days has completely exhausted you like it did for me, catch a movie on the big screen instead!
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020