- He's 28 years old (older than Art Green was, but younger than Jordan Mauger)
- He lives in the Hibiscus Coast, north of Auckland (beachy)
- He has represented New Zealand in sprint kayaking (competitive and probably looks okay in togs)
- He's a qualified life guard, and works in sports management, delivering sports program at Orewa Surf Life Saving Club (good with kids)
The identity of 2017's The Bachelor New Zealand has finally been revealed as Zac Franich.
The news was announced on Three's The Project on Friday night.
Here's what we know about Franich:
The modest bachelor, who describes himself as a “laid-back Kiwi bloke”, is ready to embrace this new opportunity - and the chance to find love.
“I’ve always stood by the fact that life should be an adventure and you should take every opportunity you’re given. When someone offers you the chance to meet beautiful and interesting women, travel the world, and hopefully find love at the end – it was a no brainer.”
And he says he's not predictable when it comes to the woman in his life.
“I really don’t have a type; every woman has something special about them. I don’t want to go into this experience with a list of must-haves. I’m keeping an open mind and hope to find that spark with someone who shares some of my passions for travel, adventure, the ability to laugh and have fun.”
The bosses behind The Bachelor New Zealand say Franich is the ultimate package.
“Zac was chosen because he ticks all the boxes: He’s handsome, sporty and accomplished, a real kiwi guy with a great sense humour He’s the boy next door that you’d take home to meet the parents and most importantly – he’s genuinely looking to meet someone special," MediaWorks Head Of Commissioning and External Production Sue Woodfield says.
The first season of The Bachelor New Zealand saw Art Green and Matilda Rice successfully find love together, while the show's second season was less of a love-match. Jordan Mauger famously dumped Fleur Verhoeven just hours after the final rose ceremony screened.
Season three starts in March on Three with new host, Dominic Bowden.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am