The beloved big knicker-wearing Bridget Jones is making her return to literature this October in a third book, titled Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy.
Helen Fielding’s Bridget Jones’s Diary was recently named as one of the 10 books that best defined the 20th century by UK newspaper the Guardian.
Together, the book and its sequel, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, have sold more than 15 million copies, have been published in 40 countries and were both adapted into blockbuster films starring Renée Zellweger, Hugh Grant and Colin Firth.
Details of the new book are under wraps, although author Helen reveals that it is set in the present day and although Bridget is still keeping her diary, she is also using social media…
Random House New Zealand today released a short extract from the book:
“Wednesday 24 October 2012
11.27 p.m. Just presss d SEND. Iss fineisn’t it?
You see, this is the trouble with the modern world. If it was the days of letter-writing, I would never even have started to find his address, a pen, a piece of paper, an envelope, a stamp, and gone outside at 11.30p.m. to find a postbox. A text is gone at the brush of a fingertip, like a nuclear bomb or exocet missile.”
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019