Kiwis will soon be saying ‘Hello’ to beloved Grammy-winning singer Adele, as the star has just announced her very first New Zealand concert on Thursday March 23rd, 2017.
The Herald has confirmed reports that Adele will be performing one show in Auckland (along with five Australian gigs) as part of her tour next year.
The songstress hinted at rumours of a Kiwi concert earlier today, when she reached out to support New Zealand after the devastating Christchurch earthquakes this week.
""Thinking of you New Zealand. Stay tuned for more news."
The singer has been on tour for much of this year, heading all around the world to promote her highly anticipated third album 25.
According to the Herald, the show will be at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium, where her set will be a unique 360 degree, in-the-round production.
There will be reserved seating on both the field and the grandstands and the idea is that, even though it's a huge stadium show, it will still feel intimate.
The New York Times called it "A pure Adele moment: a pop triumph immediately brought to earth by shared human frailty. Adele's gifts could separate her from more ordinary humans. Instead, she forges bonds."
While the LA Times said it was "a one-on-one conversation amid 18,000 or so other folks", which "combined with her remarkable voice, it's that flair for intimacy on a grand scale that's driven Adele to the top. She's a conveyor of relatable emotion at a moment when pop seems defined by concept and style".
Tickets will be on sale from midday, Thursday November 24 with Live Nation presales on November 22.
See livenation.co.nz for full details.
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her royal wedding makeup look
Now To LoveToday 10:30am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am