'Fight Club' and 'Harry Potter' actress Helena Bonham Carter is glad she's no longer to sexy period-drama beauty she was in her youth. The star, who is married to director Tim Burton, says, "I was like the corset bimbo. Well, not quite bimbo, but you know what I mean - the corset sex symbol, I suppose. Now I'm not going to be the sex symbol. I'm going to be the granny."
The mother-of-one adds, "Ageing has helped hugely. There's no question I'm a better actor - and you leave behind a certain typecasting." Helena (43) - who is of English, Spanish, French, Austrian, Czech and Russian descent - says the she refuses to change her look to suit the Hollywood stereotype. "I've never had white teeth. To be honest, I've never been told to do any of those horrible things, get your teeth whitened or your nose straightened."
- TVBree Tomasel reveals her heartbreaking medical condition
Woman's DayYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsThe Queen “regretfully” cancels her appearance at UN climate change summit amid mounting fears for her health
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 2:20pm
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice makes a glamorous appearance after welcoming baby Sienna with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 26, 2021
- At homeBring some tranquility to your home with these trending paint colours
Now To LoveOct 25, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Edna Swart has found the one
Now To LoveOct 23, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's courage: 'My boobs are ticking timebombs!'
Woman's DayOct 21, 2021
- Married at First SightWhich Married At First Sight season 8 couples are still together?
Now To LoveOct 19, 2021