Actress Anne Hathaway says her engagement party was "so fun".
The Dark Knight Rises star and fiance Adam Schulman threw a party in a New York book store to celebrate their impending nuptials, which are expected to take place in October 2013.
Among the personal touches was a banquet of vegan food and decorations including bird-shaped vases filled with Anne's favourite flowers, ranunculus and anemones.
A source told Us Weekly magazine, "Everything so was fun, just like Annie."
Although pals revealed Anne and Adam have already selected a New York venue for their wedding, they are not planning to reveal where until the last minute.
Anne and Adam – who started dating in 2008 following the actress' split from Raffaello Follieri after he pled guilty to 14 counts of money laundering, conspiracy and wire fraud – announced their engagement in November and Anne explained he "ruined" her plans to stay single.
"We hit if off immediately but it took us a pretty long time to get together. He thought that I had a boyfriend and I thought that he had a girlfriend, so I thought that I'd better keep my distance because I didn't want to be that girl,” Anne revealed.
"I am very much in love with him, [only] Adam totally ruined my plan. I was really actually looking forward to a little alone time, and then I fell in love like a fool!"
- Food & DrinksRoast racks of venison with blueberry balsamic sauce
Now To LoveDec 03, 2021
- RoyalsPlaydates with Charlotte and a royal christening prove the Queen is on the mend
Now To LoveNov 29, 2021
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021