Caesareans are often surrounded by misinformation and heated opinions, however a video posted by a Venezuelan doctor has captured the peaceful moment a baby boy was delivered by 'gentle c-section'.
Obstetrician Jham Frank Lugo shared the moving moment on his Instagram page.
“One of the most common reasons to perform a c-section is the ‘podalica position’ (sitting or breech) which is when the baby is placed with the foot down,” Dr Lugo wrote in the caption.
“We can see in this video a birth, respectful and careful with obstetric manoeuvres, and with a vigilance that ensures the safety of the baby and the mother.”
Watch the incredible moment here. Warning, this video contains images of a medical nature...
“With patience, listening to the music that the parents choose for this moment, and with the support of the father and their doula, the mother can be held throughout the whole process,” Dr Lugo explained.
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021
- Royals"She's alright!": The Queen makes her first in-person appearance since October hospital scare
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 18, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKim Crossman's hidden heartache and why being a mum will have to wait
Woman's DayNov 18, 2021
- Food & DrinksEnjoy the taste of Provence with these refreshing rosé wines
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum Rachel reveals how her premature son changed her life
Woman's DayNov 17, 2021
- RoyalsBuckingham Palace confirms the Queen will attend the annual Remembrance Day Service
Now To LoveNov 12, 2021