Dame Valerie Adams and her husband Gabriel Price are going to be welcoming a baby girl!
The Olympian confirmed the exciting news with an adorable photo posted on her social media, sharing a snap of a tiny baby-sized pair of Nike Air Max sneakers in pink, white and black. She captioned the photo with the hashtags #itsagirl #babyadamsprice #blessed #oct2017.
Later, Valerie also shared a glimpse of the sonogram, captioning it: "There's our little human".
This is Valerie and Gabriel's first child together. The couple got hitched in a fairytale ceremony at Hamilton's Temple View last year, in front of a close circle of family and friends.
Speaking to Fairfax earlier this year after sharing her pregnancy news, Valerie opened up about how her mindset had changed now that she was expecting her first child.
"When you're an athlete you tend to control everything where now this little human inside of you is controlling you," she said.
"So that took a little bit of getting used to but right now I'm feeling really good. I'm actually smashing training as much as I can which has been quite fun."
The pro athlete has confirmed she is still planning to compete at next year's Commonwealth Games in Australia, and has been sharing plenty of videos and photos from her regular training sessions to Instagram.
- Diet & NutritionA nutritionist's advice for what to do if your weight fluctuates as much as your mood
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- BodyGemma McCaw's tips on how to get your best ever beach body
Woman's DayToday 8:00am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Vicky Fuller and Stefaan Nes have broken up - again
Now To LoveToday 2:18pm
- Parenting NewsGlobal study shows Kiwi teenagers are among the most inactive in the world
Now To LoveToday 1:22pm
- RoyalsThe sweet and subtle way Duchess Meghan honoured Prince Harry and baby Archie
Now To LoveToday 12:05pm
- TVMatty McLean had a huge night after winning Television Personality of the Year
Now To LoveToday 11:50am
- FitnessThe full-body workout you can do with just a park bench
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:20am
- Pregnancy & Birth'Our Halloween treat': Jessica Mutch-McKay presents her adorable baby girl to the world
Now To LoveYesterday 4:13pm
- RelationshipsMatilda Green serves cheeky burn to husband Art on social media
Now To LoveYesterday 2:40pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles says New Zealand ‘offers an example to the world’ in a heartfelt speech at Waitangi
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerFive things Stephen Colbert has taught us about our own Prime Minister
Now To LoveYesterday 9:45am
- RoyalsPrince Andrew has stepped back from public royal duties for the foreseeable future
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerWhat Charlie's Angels original Jaclyn Smith is up to now
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- WeddingsFormer Black Cap Simon Doull marries after a whirlwind courtship that began at a hospital bedside
Woman's DayYesterday 8:25am
- CareerA virus left me paralysed but it didn't stop me from having a career in netball
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin the new NutriBullet 1000W Blender Combo worth $299.99!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- BodyBalcony fall survivor AJ Pouoa: 'How a night at a friend's house left me paralysed'
Woman's DayNov 20, 2019