This week has been an exciting week for Toni Street, with her surrogate and best friend Sophie Braggins travelling up from New Plymouth to Auckland for her baby's 30-week scan.
Toni excitedly revealed on The Hits breakfast show that not only is the baby - a boy - shaping up to be large, he also has something his sisters weren't born with - a lot of hair!
"It was quite shocking and different to my first two babies," Toni shared. "The lady kept going, 'Wow this boy's got a lot of hair' and then she pointed to this little line on the scan and it had a little Mohawk!"
Toni joked, "I need to get him a medallion."
She said her daughters, Juliette, five, and Mackenzie, three, were both born "bald" so she's had to adjust her thinking around what to expect when her third child is born. She attributed the thick shock of hair to husband Matt France: "It's Matt's Greek genes."
Toni also revealed on the radio show that the baby was in the 75th percentile for size.
"It's going to be a large baby... That's quite good because large babies usually sleep better."
She said the baby boy was "a week ahead" of where he was projected in growth.
Earlier this week Toni revealed that the nursery was ready. "Next step of the baby boy nursery," she captioned an image of their baby boy's waiting room.
Sophie Braggins offered to carry Toni and Matt's third child for them because Toni suffers from the autoimmune disease Churg-Strauss and is unable to carry any more children. She is due in August.
Toni and Sophie have been close friends since intermediate school and shared their incredible story about their friendship and the surrogacy with NEXT magazine earlier this year.
Toni plans on taking six months' maternity leave to care for the couple's newborn baby boy. She announced the pregnancy via Instagram in February.
- MindThe world I discovered when I came off my anti-depressants
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- MindFrom dating apps to social media - how to have a healthy relationship with your phone
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- FamilyAt home with Dame Valerie Adams and her 'lucky last' baby Kepaleli
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- FamilyWhy, at 84, Sir Michael Parkinson is allowing his son to turn the tables and interview him on stage
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe Mediterranean Diet: Is this the healthiest diet ever?
- FamilyThe Topp Twins on their absolute joy at having a baby in the family
Now To LoveYesterday 10:41am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share their body positivity secrets
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerMeet NEXT magazine's Woman Of The Year 2019 Winners
NEXTOct 11, 2019
- Mind‘I’m forever in your debt’: James Middleton shares an emotional tribute on Instagram
Now To LoveOct 11, 2019
- TVThe Bachelor Australia's Abbie Chatfield's heartbreaking abortion confession
Now To LoveOct 11, 2019
- MoneyJo Seagar gives her top tips on how to stay calm and solvent over Christmas
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 11, 2019
- TVThe new Masterchef Australia judges have been announced - and the choices are surprising
Now To LoveOct 10, 2019