Congratulations to radio presenters Sharyn Casey and her husband Bryce Casey who have welcomed a baby boy into the world.
Tyson Lloyd Casey was born yesterday. This morning Sharyn took to Instagram to post a heartfelt message of thanks to those who helped make her baby dream come true - and to assure her followers he wasn't named after Mike Tyson.
"He's here! Our Little Bug Tyson Lloyd Casey arrived yesterday and we are so in love!! He's so lucky to have an amazing Dad in @brycecasey who's been looking after us both like a champ," she wrote.
"Want to say a HUGE thank you to our incredible OB Dr Ammar Al-Abid who fixed my uterus 18 months ago so our baby dream could come true...We feel ridiculously lucky. NB - Not named after Mike Tyson".
Bryce joked that the new arrival already had more hair than his dad. He reiterated Sharon's comments about the struggle they'd faced to have Tyson.
"It's been a really long & tough battle to get here & we are feeling so blessed that we've got him in our lives, he's the man," he posted.
The couple have had a tough road towards pregnancy. Sharyn suffered two miscarriages and had to have surgery on her uteris before finally falling pregnant.
She has been incredibly open about her struggles, detailing the heartbreak in her blog.
- SkincareAll you need to know about retinol and anti-ageing ingredients
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Married at First SightMAFS Patrick and Belinda: 'Pat will make a great Dad!'
Woman's DayMay 05, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Bryce & Melissa: 'We're getting our own show!'
Woman's DayMay 04, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021