Congratulations to radio presenters Sharyn Casey and her husband Bryce Casey who have welcomed a baby boy into the world.
Tyson Lloyd Casey was born yesterday. This morning Sharyn took to Instagram to post a heartfelt message of thanks to those who helped make her baby dream come true - and to assure her followers he wasn't named after Mike Tyson.
"He's here! Our Little Bug Tyson Lloyd Casey arrived yesterday and we are so in love!! He's so lucky to have an amazing Dad in @brycecasey who's been looking after us both like a champ," she wrote.
"Want to say a HUGE thank you to our incredible OB Dr Ammar Al-Abid who fixed my uterus 18 months ago so our baby dream could come true...We feel ridiculously lucky. NB - Not named after Mike Tyson".
Bryce joked that the new arrival already had more hair than his dad. He reiterated Sharon's comments about the struggle they'd faced to have Tyson.
"It's been a really long & tough battle to get here & we are feeling so blessed that we've got him in our lives, he's the man," he posted.
The couple have had a tough road towards pregnancy. Sharyn suffered two miscarriages and had to have surgery on her uteris before finally falling pregnant.
She has been incredibly open about her struggles, detailing the heartbreak in her blog.
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have revealed the name of their son
Now To LoveFeb 21, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan are having another baby!
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie & husband Jack Brooksbank have welcomed their first child
Now To LoveFeb 10, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Paul Patterson: 'I'm cooking up romance'
Woman's DayFeb 03, 2021
- MindBeating the bottle: My party girl life was killing me
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 25, 2021
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020