The Edge host Sharyn Casey has announced she is expecting her first child with husband Bryce, sharing her baby joy with listeners on her radio show as well as on her social media channels and blog.
“It’s been a long road and we’ll never forget our wee mates we lost along the way but we’re very excited that Warren will be a big sister in January,” she wrote on Instagram.
The happy news comes after the couple suffered several heartbreaking miscarriages, which Sharyn wrote candidly about on her personal blog.
In a new blog post announcing the pregnancy today, Sharyn revealed she is 15 weeks along and the baby is due on January 16.
Opening up about her pregnancy journey, The Edge presenter also revealed she had undergone surgery to remove a septum in her uterus in the past year.
The radio star says that after enduring “a pretty big scare” at the six-week mark, things have now “settled down” and the couple are looking forward to welcoming the new arrival to their family.
“It seems to be finally happening, our dream of being parents to no doubt a little mate full of attitude that will most definitely talk back are coming true,” she wrote.
RELATED: New Zealand power couples
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019