The Edge host Sharyn Casey has announced she is expecting her first child with husband Bryce, sharing her baby joy with listeners on her radio show as well as on her social media channels and blog.
“It’s been a long road and we’ll never forget our wee mates we lost along the way but we’re very excited that Warren will be a big sister in January,” she wrote on Instagram.
The happy news comes after the couple suffered several heartbreaking miscarriages, which Sharyn wrote candidly about on her personal blog.
In a new blog post announcing the pregnancy today, Sharyn revealed she is 15 weeks along and the baby is due on January 16.
Opening up about her pregnancy journey, The Edge presenter also revealed she had undergone surgery to remove a septum in her uterus in the past year.
The radio star says that after enduring “a pretty big scare” at the six-week mark, things have now “settled down” and the couple are looking forward to welcoming the new arrival to their family.
“It seems to be finally happening, our dream of being parents to no doubt a little mate full of attitude that will most definitely talk back are coming true,” she wrote.
RELATED: New Zealand power couples
- SkincareThe surprising benefits of caffeine for your skin and body
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- BodyPerimenopause: the 'change before the change' explained
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- Royals25 of the best royal Christmas cards over the years
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyIdeas for gifts that your kids can make for others this Christmas
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:16am
- Real LifeI love Christmas so much I've converted our barn into a Christmas wonderland
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:06am
- FamilyOur favourite Kiwi celebs share some of their favourite Christmas traditions
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:46am
- Pregnancy & Birth'She's the real miracle': New dad's tribute to wife after she gives birth goes viral
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeEverything you need to know about living a 'low-tox' life in 2020
- At homeEntertaining with ease thanks to the latest tech products
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- RoyalsTake a look back at Queen Elizabeth’s first televised Christmas message 62 years ago
Now To LoveYesterday 11:30am
- MindZac Guildford's candid confession about his battle with drugs and depression
Woman's DayYesterday 9:50am
- SkincareAcne and exfoliating: does it make your skin worse?
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe impact of having Sussex Royal follow you on Instagram
Now To LoveDec 10, 2019
- MakeupDo eyebrows grow back? How to regrow over plucked brows
Now To LoveDec 10, 2019