The Edge host Sharyn Casey has announced she is expecting her first child with husband Bryce, sharing her baby joy with listeners on her radio show as well as on her social media channels and blog.
“It’s been a long road and we’ll never forget our wee mates we lost along the way but we’re very excited that Warren will be a big sister in January,” she wrote on Instagram.
The happy news comes after the couple suffered several heartbreaking miscarriages, which Sharyn wrote candidly about on her personal blog.
In a new blog post announcing the pregnancy today, Sharyn revealed she is 15 weeks along and the baby is due on January 16.
Opening up about her pregnancy journey, The Edge presenter also revealed she had undergone surgery to remove a septum in her uterus in the past year.
The radio star says that after enduring “a pretty big scare” at the six-week mark, things have now “settled down” and the couple are looking forward to welcoming the new arrival to their family.
“It seems to be finally happening, our dream of being parents to no doubt a little mate full of attitude that will most definitely talk back are coming true,” she wrote.
RELATED: New Zealand power couples
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has positively affected her life and made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- CareerMean Mums' Anna Jullienne: What she's learned about raising boys, and other fun facts
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019