Newshub presenter Sam Hayes has announced she is expecting a baby. She has shared the happy news on social media, saying, "Super excited to finally break the news that Jay & I are having a baby! We've been keeping it under wraps but the bump has now well and truly popped."
The Jay that Sam is referring to is Jeroen "Jay" Blaauw, Sam's new boyfriend. Sam, 35, has introduced him to readers in this week's issue of Woman's Day.
The couple met four years ago when Sam was travelling in Brazil.
"I was making a cup of tea in the kitchen at a hostel in Sao Paulo and in came Jay," she tells Woman's Day. "We were just friends back then, but we travelled around a little bit together and he even tried to make me climb a mountain too!"
In January the pair, who have stayed in touch on Facebook over the years, spent two weeks together in the Andes climbing the formidable Mount Aconcagua, although at the time Sam kept Jay firmly out of the limelight.
Her mountain adventure made national headlines when she was forced to turn back on the final day of the ascent.
And we now know she made that decision with Jay by her side.
The 2018 Dancing With The Stars winner, who is due in Spring, said at the time, "Well, I didn't make it to the 6962m summit of Mt Aconcagua and I'm still coming to terms with that, but I did get to 6700m before the altitude and cold got the better of me.
"I saw members of my group with the first stages of frostbite on their faces and hands and a determination to get up the mountain which was breath-taking. In the end, I was shaking and spent, breathing so hard I was hyperventilating."
Only one member of the couple's tramping group made it all the way to the top.
Jay has moved from his native Amsterdam to Auckland to be with Sam.
In March last year Sam announced her split from paleoclimate geologist beau Jacob Anderson. The pair first met in 2014 and began dating in 2017.
Sam has also been previously linked with Rhythm and Vines promoter Hamish Pinkham, former boyfriend of Kimberley Crossman, and social media guru Tommy Bates.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019