Newshub presenter Sam Hayes has announced she is expecting a baby. She has shared the happy news on social media, saying, "Super excited to finally break the news that Jay & I are having a baby! We've been keeping it under wraps but the bump has now well and truly popped."
The Jay that Sam is referring to is Jeroen "Jay" Blaauw, Sam's new boyfriend. Sam, 35, has introduced him to readers in this week's issue of Woman's Day.
The couple met four years ago when Sam was travelling in Brazil.
"I was making a cup of tea in the kitchen at a hostel in Sao Paulo and in came Jay," she tells Woman's Day. "We were just friends back then, but we travelled around a little bit together and he even tried to make me climb a mountain too!"
In January the pair, who have stayed in touch on Facebook over the years, spent two weeks together in the Andes climbing the formidable Mount Aconcagua, although at the time Sam kept Jay firmly out of the limelight.
Her mountain adventure made national headlines when she was forced to turn back on the final day of the ascent.
And we now know she made that decision with Jay by her side.
The 2018 Dancing With The Stars winner, who is due in Spring, said at the time, "Well, I didn't make it to the 6962m summit of Mt Aconcagua and I'm still coming to terms with that, but I did get to 6700m before the altitude and cold got the better of me.
"I saw members of my group with the first stages of frostbite on their faces and hands and a determination to get up the mountain which was breath-taking. In the end, I was shaking and spent, breathing so hard I was hyperventilating."
Only one member of the couple's tramping group made it all the way to the top.
Jay has moved from his native Amsterdam to Auckland to be with Sam.
In March last year Sam announced her split from paleoclimate geologist beau Jacob Anderson. The pair first met in 2014 and began dating in 2017.
Sam has also been previously linked with Rhythm and Vines promoter Hamish Pinkham, former boyfriend of Kimberley Crossman, and social media guru Tommy Bates.
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayToday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:55am
- RoyalsPlastic surgery clinic slammed for misusing Kate Middleton's face to promote face lift
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine wore this special brooch on Remembrance Sunday for a very touching reason
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a set of pearls thanks to Michael Hill Jewellers
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- RelationshipsWestside actress Jessica Grace Smith's romantic beachside proposal
Woman's DayNov 10, 2019
- MindWhy saying 'yes' to stress can actually benefit us
Good Health ChoicesNov 09, 2019
- BodyRenee Wright: Why I'm prioritising my health this summer
NEXTNov 09, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Charles shakes hands with trees after he plants them to 'wish them well'
Now To LoveNov 08, 2019