Newshub presenter Sam Hayes has announced she is expecting a baby. She has shared the happy news on social media, saying, "Super excited to finally break the news that Jay & I are having a baby! We've been keeping it under wraps but the bump has now well and truly popped."
The Jay that Sam is referring to is Jeroen "Jay" Blaauw, Sam's new boyfriend. Sam, 35, has introduced him to readers in this week's issue of Woman's Day.
The couple met four years ago when Sam was travelling in Brazil.
"I was making a cup of tea in the kitchen at a hostel in Sao Paulo and in came Jay," she tells Woman's Day. "We were just friends back then, but we travelled around a little bit together and he even tried to make me climb a mountain too!"
In January the pair, who have stayed in touch on Facebook over the years, spent two weeks together in the Andes climbing the formidable Mount Aconcagua, although at the time Sam kept Jay firmly out of the limelight.
Her mountain adventure made national headlines when she was forced to turn back on the final day of the ascent.
And we now know she made that decision with Jay by her side.
The 2018 Dancing With The Stars winner, who is due in Spring, said at the time, "Well, I didn't make it to the 6962m summit of Mt Aconcagua and I'm still coming to terms with that, but I did get to 6700m before the altitude and cold got the better of me.
"I saw members of my group with the first stages of frostbite on their faces and hands and a determination to get up the mountain which was breath-taking. In the end, I was shaking and spent, breathing so hard I was hyperventilating."
Only one member of the couple's tramping group made it all the way to the top.
Jay has moved from his native Amsterdam to Auckland to be with Sam.
In March last year Sam announced her split from paleoclimate geologist beau Jacob Anderson. The pair first met in 2014 and began dating in 2017.
Sam has also been previously linked with Rhythm and Vines promoter Hamish Pinkham, former boyfriend of Kimberley Crossman, and social media guru Tommy Bates.
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021