It's the news we've all been waiting for ever since they tied the knot in a romantic Wanaka wedding in January 2017 - former All Blacks captain Richie McCaw and his former Black Sticks hockey player wife Gemma are expecting their first child.
Gemma took to Instagram to announce the happy news.
"Rich and I are very excited to announce that we are expecting our first baby later this year #overthemoon #mcbaby," she wrote.
Richie also shared the same image with his Facebook followers, saying "Exciting news. We are expecting a new addition to our family later this year. Can't wait."
Perhaps the first hint of an impending pregnancy announcement came in late May when Gemma penned a article on parenting tips in her weekly column for Woman's Day.
"I asked Kiwi mums and dads to share their best piece of advice for taking care of a newborn," she wrote. "Which, of course, included, "Don't listen to others' advice!"
Earlier this year on their one year wedding anniversary Gemma posted a heartfelt message to her new husband.
"Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary," she wrote. "Thank you for being the most kind, generous and loving husband I could ever ask for. You make me happy every day and I can't wait for the rest of our lives together. I will love you today, tomorrow and forever."
We are so thrilled for them! Congratulations to the soon-to-be-parents! What a beautiful baby it's going to be!
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesToday 2:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- BodyBiggest Loser's Jillian Michaels’ top 15 health habits are remarkably simple to adopt too
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- TVDWTS' Laura Daniel spills on her relationship with partner Joseph Moore and their plans to adopt
Woman's DayYesterday 9:21am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares an adorable new photo of Baby Archie in celebration of Father’s Day
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesJun 16, 2019
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayJun 16, 2019