It's the news we've all been waiting for ever since they tied the knot in a romantic Wanaka wedding in January 2017 - former All Blacks captain Richie McCaw and his former Black Sticks hockey player wife Gemma are expecting their first child.
Gemma took to Instagram to announce the happy news.
"Rich and I are very excited to announce that we are expecting our first baby later this year #overthemoon #mcbaby," she wrote.
Richie also shared the same image with his Facebook followers, saying "Exciting news. We are expecting a new addition to our family later this year. Can't wait."
Perhaps the first hint of an impending pregnancy announcement came in late May when Gemma penned a article on parenting tips in her weekly column for Woman's Day.
"I asked Kiwi mums and dads to share their best piece of advice for taking care of a newborn," she wrote. "Which, of course, included, "Don't listen to others' advice!"
Earlier this year on their one year wedding anniversary Gemma posted a heartfelt message to her new husband.
"Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary," she wrote. "Thank you for being the most kind, generous and loving husband I could ever ask for. You make me happy every day and I can't wait for the rest of our lives together. I will love you today, tomorrow and forever."
We are so thrilled for them! Congratulations to the soon-to-be-parents! What a beautiful baby it's going to be!
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019