Pippa Middleton has given birth to a baby boy! The Duchess of Cambridge's younger sister and her husband of one year, James Matthews, welcomed a baby boy on Monday October 15.
Like her sister, Pippa chose to gave birth in the Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital in Paddington; her little boy, whose name has not yet been revealed, weighed 8lb and 9oz. She and James were spotted arriving at Lindo Wing a few hours earlier with two overnight bags.
A representative for Pippa revealed that "everyone is delighted and mother and baby are doing well".
This happy news means that Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis will now have a first cousin to play with - and that Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, is now an aunt.
Duchess Catherine and Prince William were clearly over the moon for Pippa and James, with a statement from Kensington Palace reading: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are thrilled for Pippa and James."
Just a few days ago, Pippa attended the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank at St George's Chapel in Windsor, arriving with her husband and her brother, James.
Earlier this year, she confirmed her pregnancy in her column for Waitrose Weekend magazine. In the piece, titled 'Exercising While Pregnant', she wrote: "I was lucky to pass the 12-week scan without suffering from morning sickness. That meant I was able to carry as normal and continue my sports. I've noticed my body change but through exercise I feel it's being strengthened. Who knows what the next few weeks have in store."
The couple is thought to have shared the happy news with their closest family and friends about two months before the news was made public, shortly before the birth of Kate's third child, Prince Louis of Cambridge. Indeed, Kate was reportedly the first person to learn of the pregnancy and "could not have been more delighted".
Pippa and James first met back in 2012 and briefly dated before calling it quits after a few months. Then, after Pippa split from long-term boyfriend Nico Jackson in late 2015, she was once again linked to James after they both took part in a charity race in memory of his older brother, who died in 1999.
The couple then spent the New Year together on the island of St Barts, where the Matthews family own the Eden Rock Hotel, before getting engaged in the summer of 2016 on a weekend away in the Lake District (with a 3.5 carat diamond engagement ring to boot).
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesToday 2:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- BodyBiggest Loser's Jillian Michaels’ top 15 health habits are remarkably simple to adopt too
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- TVDWTS' Laura Daniel spills on her relationship with partner Joseph Moore and their plans to adopt
Woman's DayYesterday 9:21am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares an adorable new photo of Baby Archie in celebration of Father’s Day
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesJun 16, 2019
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayJun 16, 2019