Pippa Middleton has given birth to a baby boy! The Duchess of Cambridge's younger sister and her husband of one year, James Matthews, welcomed a baby boy on Monday October 15.
Like her sister, Pippa chose to gave birth in the Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital in Paddington; her little boy, whose name has not yet been revealed, weighed 8lb and 9oz. She and James were spotted arriving at Lindo Wing a few hours earlier with two overnight bags.
A representative for Pippa revealed that "everyone is delighted and mother and baby are doing well".
This happy news means that Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis will now have a first cousin to play with - and that Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, is now an aunt.
Duchess Catherine and Prince William were clearly over the moon for Pippa and James, with a statement from Kensington Palace reading: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are thrilled for Pippa and James."
Just a few days ago, Pippa attended the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank at St George's Chapel in Windsor, arriving with her husband and her brother, James.
Earlier this year, she confirmed her pregnancy in her column for Waitrose Weekend magazine. In the piece, titled 'Exercising While Pregnant', she wrote: "I was lucky to pass the 12-week scan without suffering from morning sickness. That meant I was able to carry as normal and continue my sports. I've noticed my body change but through exercise I feel it's being strengthened. Who knows what the next few weeks have in store."
The couple is thought to have shared the happy news with their closest family and friends about two months before the news was made public, shortly before the birth of Kate's third child, Prince Louis of Cambridge. Indeed, Kate was reportedly the first person to learn of the pregnancy and "could not have been more delighted".
Pippa and James first met back in 2012 and briefly dated before calling it quits after a few months. Then, after Pippa split from long-term boyfriend Nico Jackson in late 2015, she was once again linked to James after they both took part in a charity race in memory of his older brother, who died in 1999.
The couple then spent the New Year together on the island of St Barts, where the Matthews family own the Eden Rock Hotel, before getting engaged in the summer of 2016 on a weekend away in the Lake District (with a 3.5 carat diamond engagement ring to boot).
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019