In the latest issue of Woman's Day, Nada Lim introduces her newborn son River and speaks exclusively of her little boy's unexpected arrival on her bedroom floor!
The MasterChef New Zealand winner, 32, and her husband Carlos Bagrie, 33 headed straight to Auckland maternity hospital Birthcare when Nadia's waters broke on September 24.
But when her labour slowed dramatically, the couple – co-founders of meal-delivery service My Food Bag – returned home, only for contractions to become so intense, she couldn't make the 15-minute journey back to Birthcare.
"My intuition told me to stay at home," the bestselling author and former dietitian tells Woman's Day, explaining that she ended up giving birth atop a pile of towels and a plastic backpack liner on her bedroom floor. "It was the most amazing moment. I looked at him and had that overwhelming rush of love."
Of giving birth in the comfort of her own house, Nadia adds, "It felt so relaxed and natural to be at home. It was lovely to wake up the next morning in our own bed and with our little boy next to us."
River is a little brother for Nadia's toddler son Bodhi and while fans would understand if she took some time out to adjust to life as a mother-of-two, she's already back at work promoting her ninth cookbook Fresh Start, Feel Good.
For all the gorgeous photos of beautiful baby River and the dramatic details of his impromptu arrival – plus Nadia's surprising family plans – see the latest issue of Woman's Day.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019