American model Ashley Graham has posted a 'real' baby bump photo and it has gone viral for all the right reasons.
The mother-to-be, who announced she was pregnant last week, has shared an image of her pregnant body on Instagram - but what makes the image so remarkable is that it's so honest and so relatable. It could be an image of any woman.
The photo shows a very real pregnant body, complete with stretch marks, cellulite and rolls of skin.
"Same same but a little different," Graham has captioned the post.
Her honesty has been met with resounding approval and gratitude from fans, with her post being liked more than one million times.
"Thank you for being so real in a world of fake," commented one.
"I love this. We are all beautiful and unique," said another. "A size 6 or 36 it doesn't matter we are all human. I love how you embrace you. You inspire me to love the body I have now after my 3 pregnancies 😍"
"I showed my husband this photo and he said, "See! She's just like you" I am almost 21 weeks pregnant and I've been struggling with my changing body. I love how much you embrace it. I've always looked up to you and your confidence. ❤️ Congratulations on your babe!," said a third.
"This is what girls need to see. We need this as a reference for real and relatable. Women young and old. Thank you!" another posted.
Of course, not everybody got the point.
"Seriously Ashley respect your self. Ppl look t you as a roll model not your weight. I get what you was trying to do here but ave it for your husband only," said one.
Another commented, "I will never understand this need to have total strangers look at your body! So little #selfrespect & so much lack of proper parenting. I mean what are you hoping to accomplish? Become a porn star? This is gross & inappropriate. If you don't do this at your grocery store, then don't do it online either. The "internet" is a public place. 👎👎👎
And a third: "Really? Really? Sorry I'd like to think I'm a man of the 21rst century..but to me this isn't beautiful..Sorry please don't be offended.."
But we get it and we thank her for it.
Fans love Graham for her stance on body positivity. She encourages women to embrace their own personal body type, making sure none of her photos are retouched, and she advises other women to avoid filters on social media, too, so they can accept and be proud of their true selves.
"The more you're vulnerable with the people you're sharing with, the easier it is to be who you are. That's why I always tell women, just be who you are. Don't retouch your photos," she recently told Today.
Graham and her film-maker husband Justin Ervin married in 2010. They announced on social media last week that they're expecting their first child at the end of the year.
"Nine years ago today, I married the love of my life. It has been the best journey with my favourite person in the world! Today, we are feeling so blessed, grateful and excited to celebrate with our GROWING FAMILY! Happy anniversary, @mrjustinervin. Life is about to get even better," the Swimsuits For All collaborator wrote on her social media.
"Can't wait to meet you," she said in another post in which she wears a clinging green dress that shows off her baby bump beautifully.
- Married at First SightMAFS' Vicky Fuller and Stefaan Nes have broken up - again
Now To LoveToday 2:18pm
- Parenting NewsGlobal study shows Kiwi teenagers are among the most inactive in the world
Now To LoveToday 1:22pm
- RoyalsThe sweet and subtle way Duchess Meghan honoured Prince Harry and baby Archie
Now To LoveToday 12:05pm
- TVMatty McLean had a huge night after winning Television Personality of the Year
Now To LoveToday 11:50am
- FitnessThe full-body workout you can do with just a park bench
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:20am
- Pregnancy & Birth'Our Halloween treat': Jessica Mutch-McKay presents her adorable baby girl to the world
Now To LoveYesterday 4:13pm
- RelationshipsMatilda Green serves cheeky burn to husband Art on social media
Now To LoveYesterday 2:40pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles says New Zealand ‘offers an example to the world’ in a heartfelt speech at Waitangi
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerFive things Stephen Colbert has taught us about our own Prime Minister
Now To LoveYesterday 9:45am
- RoyalsPrince Andrew has stepped back from public royal duties for the foreseeable future
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerWhat Charlie's Angels original Jaclyn Smith is up to now
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- WeddingsFormer Black Cap Simon Doull marries after a whirlwind courtship that began at a hospital bedside
Woman's DayYesterday 8:25am
- CareerA virus left me paralysed but it didn't stop me from having a career in netball
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin the new NutriBullet 1000W Blender Combo worth $299.99!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- BodyBalcony fall survivor AJ Pouoa: 'How a night at a friend's house left me paralysed'
Woman's DayNov 20, 2019
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Dominic Harvey and Sydney silkie Kanye
Woman's DayNov 19, 2019