As women we treasure our friendships with our girlfriends and pride ourselves on being there for one another. Through the laughter, the tears, the successes and failures and everything in between, we can be counted on to support one another.
But would we carry our friend's baby for her? Not every friendship would extend to this act of self-sacrifice.
Toni Street described it as the "ultimate gift a friend can give you" when her best friend Sophie Braggins offered and committed to being a surrogate for Toni and husband Matt France, so that they could have a longed-for third child.
Toni has an auto-immune condition which prevents her from having more children, and she had all but given up hope of having a third child when her childhood friend stepped in.
Sophie told Now To Love and NEXT magazine, "I observed Toni when she was at her sickest; she's always been the best as a friend to me and I knew that I could do this for her."
What a friend, and as we've begun to find out more about Sophie since she's been catapulted into the limelight, what an incredible, high-achieving woman.
A mother of two herself, she is highly successful in her career, climbing to the position of chief executive of New Plymouth law firm Govett Quilliam within 10 months of joining the company. She also chairs the Taranaki Chamber of Commerce.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am