As women we treasure our friendships with our girlfriends and pride ourselves on being there for one another. Through the laughter, the tears, the successes and failures and everything in between, we can be counted on to support one another.
But would we carry our friend's baby for her? Not every friendship would extend to this act of self-sacrifice.
Toni Street described it as the "ultimate gift a friend can give you" when her best friend Sophie Braggins offered and committed to being a surrogate for Toni and husband Matt France, so that they could have a longed-for third child.
Toni has an auto-immune condition which prevents her from having more children, and she had all but given up hope of having a third child when her childhood friend stepped in.
Sophie told Now To Love and NEXT magazine, "I observed Toni when she was at her sickest; she's always been the best as a friend to me and I knew that I could do this for her."
What a friend, and as we've begun to find out more about Sophie since she's been catapulted into the limelight, what an incredible, high-achieving woman.
A mother of two herself, she is highly successful in her career, climbing to the position of chief executive of New Plymouth law firm Govett Quilliam within 10 months of joining the company. She also chairs the Taranaki Chamber of Commerce.
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am