Kim Kardashian West has revealed the sweetest details about her new fourth baby, saying he is the calmest of all her children.
Kim and husband Kanye West's fourth child, a baby boy, was born on Friday via a surrogate mother. Kim shared gorgeous details about her new son on social media over the weekend with images from her baby shower, which she'd held just days before their son arrived.
"We celebrated our baby boy about a week ago and now he's here!," she wrote. "He's so perfect! ... I was freaking out for nothing because he is the most calm and chill of all of my babies so far and everyone loves him so much."
Kim announced his arrival on Twitter on May 10 with the simplest of messages: "He's here and he's perfect!"
She also added, "He's also Chicago's twin lol I'm sure he will change a lot but now he looks just like her."
Fans were quick to tweet their congratulations.
According to PEOPLE, both Kanye and Kim were present for the hospital birth and are "ecstatic". They have a name in mind but had wanted to meet their baby first to make sure it suited.
"Their little boy is super cute and looks like Kim," a source revealed to PEOPLE.
The source also said that the couple's three older children — daughters Chicago, 15 months, and North, six next month, plus son Saint, 3 — "have met their brother," and "North seems the most excited".
This child is the second that Kim and Kanye have had by surrogate, with Kim being open in recent years about the difficulties which led to her turning to surrogacy.
While the reality TV star and businesswoman gave birth to her first two children, North and Saint, she suffered severe medical complications. North had to be delivered six weeks early because Kim had pre-eclampsia – a condition that can restrict the oxygen flow between mother and baby. After giving birth, she suffered from placenta accreta, where the placenta doesn't detach fully from the womb.
Saint was a breech baby (which means he was facing feet-down instead of head-down in her pelvis) and after unsuccessful surgery to fix a hole in the uterus, Kim was warned by doctors about carrying future children. She revealed in 2016 that she was considering surrogacy for her third child and followed through with that. Her third baby Chicago, who was born via a surrogate last year.
- RelationshipsThe incredible love story of this Kiwi soldier and his Slovenian heroine, who met through a barbed wire fence at a POW camp
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionFibre 101: Everything you need to know about this essential dietary component
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- RoyalsWhy the Queen allowed Duchess Catherine to break protocol and kiss her in public
Now To LoveYesterday 3:18pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie’s latest outfit has a sweet connection to her royal wedding last year
Now To LoveYesterday 11:45am
- Real LifeA Christchurch surgeon describes what it was like to be working on the day of the mosque attacks
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RoyalsSee the vibrant flower that's been named after Baby Archie
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthNewshub's Melissa Davies is pregnant with her first child
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMay 23, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesMay 23, 2019