Jools Oliver has taken to social media to share an emotional tribute in honour of Baby Loss Awareness Week.
The wife of celebrity chef Jamie Oliver shared an image of a burning candle on her Instagram account to show "a beautiful wave of light to mark the end of an always emotional Baby Loss Awareness Week". She paid tribute to those who have lost a baby," either through miscarriage, still birth or neonatal death".
"It is an absolute privilege to have come across some wonderful, strong brave women and families through Instagram who proudly tell their story of their own baby loss and through that support thousands of people going through the same thing. Be it through a simple quote, their beautiful eloquent writing and frankly just their plain raw honesty, has certainly helped myself and many others just so wonderful xxx," the mum-of-five wrote.
She finished her tribute on a personal note, alluding to the two miscarriages she suffered saying, "Our light shines bright for little Archie as always and our two little stars May they all shine bright ❤️ #babylossawarenessweek #waveoflight."
Jools was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome at the age of 17 and before she got pregnant for the first time she had to go through intense hormone treatment. However, her and Jamie's younger children were all conceived naturally.
Speaking to the Mail Online in 2017, the mum-of-five shared, "I had a miscarriage at three months, which makes you so worried once you are pregnant again - it makes it impossible to enjoy the early stages of pregnancy."
Jools penned a similarly emotional tribute on International Day of the Midwife back in May, thanking them for their support.
"We have been so lucky to have been blessed with the most wonderful midwives for each of our 5 children and the 2 little angels we lost. Kind, calm, warm and gentle. When you are scared and at your most vulnerable the squeeze of a hand and a stroke of your head means more than they will ever know."
The couple are proud parents to Poppy Honey, 16, Daisy Boo, 15, Petal Blossom, nine, Buddy Bear, eight, and two-year old River Rocket. Though Jamie hopes that's it on the children front!
Childhood sweethearts Jools and Jamie married in 2000 and 18 years later, they are still in love.
Speaking to Woman, Jamie said, "I like watching Jools get older. I love her more now than I ever have before.
"I feel like my love widens and I'm enjoying her evolving as a woman, growing older. I like it - her wrinkles have been earned."
And it's clear that the feeling is mutual. For their wedding anniversary in June, Jools shared a beautiful tribute to her husband and "soulmate".
"The person I want to wake up to every morning. The person who still makes my heart skip a beat when I see his name on my phone. When I really need you, you are there when I am scared you reassure me and when I am tired you make me a dam good cup of coffee!!!! You would do anything for us and most of all you make me feel safe. Love you more than all these words," Jools wrote.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019