Jessica Simpson has taken to social media to share some pretty special news. The star is expecting her third child with husband, Eric Johnson … and it's a girl!
The couple, who have been married for four years, share six-year-old daughter Maxwell Drew and five-year-old son Ace Knute and the announcement was a family affair.
"SURPRISE..." wrote the 38-year-old star alongside an image of Maxwell and Ace holding some huge black gender-reveal balloons.
The fashion mogul, actress and pop-star then followed with another image showing the pair with more balloons… this time pink, writing, "This little baby girl will make us a family of five. We couldn't be happier to announce this precious blessing of life."
Fans were then treated to an image of Simpson tenderly cradling her baby bump.
"My daughter is about to turn six, May 1st is her birthday, and my son is going to turn five on June 30th and it's just like, 'Wait, so this is no longer toddler, this is full-on kid,'" she shared recently with ET. "My daughter [already] thinks she's a teenager. My son at least wants to be a baby still.
"We always practice," Simpson joked about having more kids. "But it would definitely have to be a miracle."
Something Simpson is not looking forward to is the fat-shaming she has received in the media during her prior pregnancies. The famously curvy star spoke to CBS last year, mentioning the unflattering press that surrounded her first pregnancy.
"It's like, 'I'm pregnant! How could I be fat-shamed?'" she said. "It's not fair. I deserve a f** donut!"
The happy baby news follows Saturday's celebration of Johnson's 39th birthday. Simpson shared a gorgeous image of her husband holding their two children as babies. "Happy Birthday to my very best friend, Daddy to my babies, and Husband of Mine," she wrote. "I love you, forever."
This is one family that life is looking sweet for, and we can't wait to go along for the ride!
- RelationshipsThe incredible love story of this Kiwi soldier and his Slovenian heroine, who met through a barbed wire fence at a POW camp
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionFibre 101: Everything you need to know about this essential dietary component
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- RoyalsWhy the Queen allowed Duchess Catherine to break protocol and kiss her in public
Now To LoveYesterday 3:18pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie’s latest outfit has a sweet connection to her royal wedding last year
Now To LoveYesterday 11:45am
- Real LifeA Christchurch surgeon describes what it was like to be working on the day of the mosque attacks
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RoyalsSee the vibrant flower that's been named after Baby Archie
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthNewshub's Melissa Davies is pregnant with her first child
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMay 23, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesMay 23, 2019