Jessica Simpson has taken to social media to share some pretty special news. The star is expecting her third child with husband, Eric Johnson … and it's a girl!
The couple, who have been married for four years, share six-year-old daughter Maxwell Drew and five-year-old son Ace Knute and the announcement was a family affair.
"SURPRISE..." wrote the 38-year-old star alongside an image of Maxwell and Ace holding some huge black gender-reveal balloons.
The fashion mogul, actress and pop-star then followed with another image showing the pair with more balloons… this time pink, writing, "This little baby girl will make us a family of five. We couldn't be happier to announce this precious blessing of life."
Fans were then treated to an image of Simpson tenderly cradling her baby bump.
"My daughter is about to turn six, May 1st is her birthday, and my son is going to turn five on June 30th and it's just like, 'Wait, so this is no longer toddler, this is full-on kid,'" she shared recently with ET. "My daughter [already] thinks she's a teenager. My son at least wants to be a baby still.
"We always practice," Simpson joked about having more kids. "But it would definitely have to be a miracle."
Something Simpson is not looking forward to is the fat-shaming she has received in the media during her prior pregnancies. The famously curvy star spoke to CBS last year, mentioning the unflattering press that surrounded her first pregnancy.
"It's like, 'I'm pregnant! How could I be fat-shamed?'" she said. "It's not fair. I deserve a f** donut!"
The happy baby news follows Saturday's celebration of Johnson's 39th birthday. Simpson shared a gorgeous image of her husband holding their two children as babies. "Happy Birthday to my very best friend, Daddy to my babies, and Husband of Mine," she wrote. "I love you, forever."
This is one family that life is looking sweet for, and we can't wait to go along for the ride!
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021