Congratulations to former All Black captain Richie McCaw and wife Gemma who have welcomed their much longed-for baby.
Gemma made the announcement via Instagram.
"We are excited to announce the arrival of our daughter, Charlotte Rose McCaw. Thank you for the love and blessings we have received. Our hearts are so full."
It was accompanied by a picture of Richie, Gemma and Charlotte's hands, their new baby clutching on tight.
The sporting pair had not one but two baby showers for the little bub, one in Tauranga where Gemma grew up and the other at their home in Christchurch with their South Island friends and family.
Gemma has previously opened up about the exhaustion she faced in the first six weeks of pregnancy.
"I count myself lucky that I haven't had terrible morning sickness," she revealed in a column for Woman's Day, "but I was surprised by the level of exhaustion in those first 12 weeks.
"Suddenly I didn't feel like getting up at 6am for my morning run and my healthy diet wasn't quite so appealing either, with regular cravings for dense carbohydrates!
"But I'm learning as I go that there are plenty of ways to ensure nutrition and fitness aren't compromised while growing a little human."
The parents-to-be enjoyed one final holiday before the baby arrived - getting completely off the grid for a weekend at Birds Eye View Lodge at Berwyn Farm in South Canterbury.
Gemma described it as "the perfect chance to unplug from everyday life and reconnect with what matters. It was beautiful... there was no power, fire and gas for heating and cooking and the bathroom facilities included an outdoor bath (amazing under the stars) and a long drop (which makes you appreciate a normal bathroom especially whilst pregnant)."
Gemma and Richie will celebrate their second wedding anniversary on the 15th of January - and we can expect plenty of Gemma's newly-learned parenting advice from her Woman's Day column.
Congratulations to the happy family of of three!
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am