Congratulations to former All Black captain Richie McCaw and wife Gemma who have welcomed their much longed-for baby.
Gemma made the announcement via Instagram.
"We are excited to announce the arrival of our daughter, Charlotte Rose McCaw. Thank you for the love and blessings we have received. Our hearts are so full."
It was accompanied by a picture of Richie, Gemma and Charlotte's hands, their new baby clutching on tight.
The sporting pair had not one but two baby showers for the little bub, one in Tauranga where Gemma grew up and the other at their home in Christchurch with their South Island friends and family.
Gemma has previously opened up about the exhaustion she faced in the first six weeks of pregnancy.
"I count myself lucky that I haven't had terrible morning sickness," she revealed in a column for Woman's Day, "but I was surprised by the level of exhaustion in those first 12 weeks.
"Suddenly I didn't feel like getting up at 6am for my morning run and my healthy diet wasn't quite so appealing either, with regular cravings for dense carbohydrates!
"But I'm learning as I go that there are plenty of ways to ensure nutrition and fitness aren't compromised while growing a little human."
The parents-to-be enjoyed one final holiday before the baby arrived - getting completely off the grid for a weekend at Birds Eye View Lodge at Berwyn Farm in South Canterbury.
Gemma described it as "the perfect chance to unplug from everyday life and reconnect with what matters. It was beautiful... there was no power, fire and gas for heating and cooking and the bathroom facilities included an outdoor bath (amazing under the stars) and a long drop (which makes you appreciate a normal bathroom especially whilst pregnant)."
Gemma and Richie will celebrate their second wedding anniversary on the 15th of January - and we can expect plenty of Gemma's newly-learned parenting advice from her Woman's Day column.
Congratulations to the happy family of of three!
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am