Inspirational burns survivor Turia Pitt and her fiancée, Michael Hoskin, have announced the arrival of their baby, a little boy who they've named Hakavai Hoskin.
Turia, who announced her pregnancy in June, in the past has said that the prospect of having a child with her childhood sweetheart, Michael, was one of the things that gave her hope following the horrific event in 2011 that saw her suffer burns to 65 per cent of her body.
Now, the new mum-of-one is living that dream, taking to her newsletter to share a heart-warming picture into the raw, emotional first moments of motherhood.
"Michael and I want to introduce you to someone... Meet Hakavai Hoskin," she wrote.
"We'll be in this little newborn bubble for a few weeks but we wanted to pop our heads out for a moment to share the news directly with you."
Turia's strength and inspirational story has touched many, and Turia has since posted the two shots of her baby boy to Instagram where they have been met with an outpouring of love from fans and Aussie celebs.
Fellow mum of a little boy, supermodel Megan Gale was quick to send her congratulations:
"Congratulations @turiapitt. He is just precious. Enjoy this special time and being in the baby bubble," she wrote. "A mother/son relationship is just amazing."
While Rebecca Judd commented: "Congratulations! Look at him, eyes wide open. The best news x."
Turia first discovered she was pregnant as she was preparing to trek the lower slopes of Nepal's Mt Everest to raise money for charity.
Since then, Turia has shared her pregnancy experience on social media for us all to smile/cry happy tears over; from safari-ing in Namibia to exploring the surroundings of the Northern Territory's Uluru, this is one 'bumpy' ride we're sure Turia would've been happy to stay on.
But, as she exclusively told The Australian Women's Weekly in October this year, when her little boy did arrive, there was one invaluable lesson she couldn't wait to teach him.
"I want my son to be resilient," she told us. "I think that's the most important thing," she said.
We couldn't be happier for 30-year-old Turia, who, over the last six years, has used her near-death experience in the Western Australian Kimberelys to motivate others to live their happiest, fullest lives - just as she has done.
After countless surgeries, not to mention putting up the fight of her life to survive, to see Turia and Michael get their wish of a family truly warms our hearts.
We're wishing the happy family all the best on this exciting new chapter of their lives!
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am