Anne Hathaway is pregnant with her second child. The Princess Diaries star announced the happy news on social media, sharing an image of herself in a loose-fitting singlet showing off her baby bump. The accompanying message reads: "It's not for a movie...#2"
She also revealed that this pregnancy with her husband of seven years, Adam Shulman, had not come easily, saying, "All kidding aside, for everyone going through infertility and conception hell, please know it was not a straight line to either of my pregnancies. Sending you extra love 💕"
Hathaway, 36, and Shulman have a son, Jonathan, who they welcomed in March 2016.
The Hollywood star, who is currently filming a remake of the 1990 film The Witches, based on the novel by Roald Dahl, has previously shared with Shape magazine that her perspective changed when she became a mother; she began to slow down and be in the moment.
"Before I had my son, I sensed this pressure to fill my schedule. If I wasn't working, I felt like I was wasting time. Now I know I have to build in breaks in my year, and there are times when I'm just not available to work because it's important for me to be home with him.
"I shop a lot less. I cook a lot more. I read a lot more," she added. "I write a lot more. I communicate a lot more. I make more time for the things that matter to me because suddenly I have more time."
She also told The Sunday Times that she had adopted a parenting technique she had seen Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, use, in which they get down to their children's level to speak to them. The technique is known as "active listening".
She also gave up alcohol last year, telling Ellen Degeneres on The Ellen Degeneres Show that she didn't "totally love the way" she drinks and that because Jonathan was "getting to an age where he really does need me all the time, in the mornings" she wanted to make sure she was always available to him.
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveToday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveToday 9:48am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- Destinations CitiesTranquil Tahiti: Where the tastes of France, Polynesia and China meet
- CareerHow Kiwi women are using technology to fit their work around their lifestyles
- CareerPlaying his idol in a new miniseries: Mosese Veaila's real-life connection to Jonah Lomu
Woman's DayYesterday 9:55am
- BodyLily McManus' secret battle: Why she hid her hearing loss
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerMeryl Streep on turning 70, her greatest loss and why she's grateful to Jane Fonda
The Australian Women's WeeklyAug 17, 2019
- RoyalsSuits just made a cute reference to Duchess Meghan’s new life as a royal
Now To LoveAug 16, 2019
- RoyalsThe royal family celebrate Princess Anne's 69th birthday
Now To LoveAug 16, 2019
- CareerMeet new Zealand's fastest under-21 female drag racer
Woman's DayAug 16, 2019