George and Amal Clooney can officially add another role to their already impressive resumés: parenthood. And while this particular role may come with longer hours and, well, soiled nappies, it seems the new parents are already excelling at the challenging gig.
Speaking to People, Amal's mum, Baria Alamuddin, said: "Amal and George were so beautiful, they were so happy, so contented. You just look at them and you feel like they've been a mother and father for their whole lives."
"Seeing these two angels, these stunningly beautiful babies… cuddled together, and seeing the joy on Amal and George's faces, it's one of those deeply felt beautiful feelings you can't express in words," she added.
“It brought almost unrealistic pure joy and left me feeling like the most blessed human being on earth.”
Earlier, George’s dad shared a similar sentiment while speaking with a Cincinnati TV station.
Nick Clooney, who was fortunate enough to share a Skype meet and greet with the world’s most famous twins shortly after their grand entrance into the world, explained that both George and Amal were doing “wonderfully well.”
He also said that the children both have dark hair and “are gorgeous,” but one in particular seems to take after their famous father.
"Nina [Warren, George’s mum] swears they have George's nose," Nick said. "Not both of them -- one of them. The little boy looked like he had [George's] nose, his little profile."
He added: “And I love their names Alexander and Ella. Both sound terrific."
WATCH: George and Amal are the definition of true love. Post continues...
The Money Monster actor, 56, and British-Lebanese human rights lawyer, 39, announced the arrival of their twins -- a healthy baby boy and girl -- in a quick-witted statement to People.
“This morning Amal and George welcomed Ella and Alexander Clooney into their lives. Ella, Alexander and Amal are all healthy, happy and doing fine. George is sedated and should recover in a few days,” the statement read.
There’s no word yet on the babies height or weight, and the happy couple are yet to release a first glimpse at the no-doubt stunning new arrivals.... but, we have our eyes peeled and ears to the ground!
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019