Sonny Bill Williams has taken to social media to reveal that he and his wife Alana are expecting their fourth child.
The 34-year-old made the announcement while in Japan for the Rugby World Cup, posting an image of his All Blacks kit embroidered with the names of his first three children, with baby number four displayed at the end.
"Sometimes I really don't think I deserve all the blessings I've received in my life," the devout Muslim wrote. "Alhumdulliah Alhumdulliah Alhumdulliah!! Love & blessings always fam."
Sonny and his wife Alana, 25, married in a secret ceremony in 2013 after dating for just six months.
They welcomed their first child Imaan in November 2014 while Sonny was in Wales on the All Blacks end of year tour. The new father watched the birth via Skype, describing it as "the proudest moment of my life."
Their second daughter Aisha was born in December 2016 and their son Zaid was born in June 2018.
News of Zaid's arrival came as a shock to fans because the third-time parents had managed to keep the entire pregnancy a secret - no easy feat the age of social media and cellphone cameras.
Sonny has made no secret of his desire for a large family. "I just want to be a good father. I want as many kids as we can have," he told the Daily Telegraph in 2016.
The star midfielder often uses social media to cheekily petition his wife for more children, and is also vocal about his support for his wife and other full-time mums. "To all those who think a stay at home mum isn't a full time job please check yourself," he wrote in an Instagram post in July this year.
"I see you my love & I appreciate your efforts while I get to travel the world doing what I love it wouldn't be possible without you doing what you do.
"May the most high continue to bless us with happiness and love and more children hahahaha chances tho??"
Just last week after All Blacks training in Japan Sonny Bill spoke with Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern about the possibility of more children.
"I was just talking very briefly with Sonny Bill about preparation and he changed the conversation quite quickly," Ardern revealed. "Look, he was trying to encourage us to expand our family. I was just encouraging him to win the game," she joked.
Next to a photo of the two of them chatting, Sonny Bill wrote "It was nice having you at training @jacindaardern. But even better having a yarn with you about having more children.
"Our turn now my love," he wrote to his wife alongside his usual laughing face emoji, like he usually uses when he's joking to her about more kids. Little did everyone know it was for real this time.
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019
- CareerRachel Hunter's spiritual awakening: Sexy, single, soulful and fabulous at 50
Woman's DayOct 19, 2019