This story taught us three valuable lessons: Don't write about things like this while you're eating your lunch. Don't read about things like this while you're eating your lunch. And definitely don't watch the video.
So here goes...
A mother from the UK made the most disgusting discovery ever when she noticed a bad smell coming from the lining of her daughter's new school skirt. The lining also appeared thicker in one part of the skirt than the others.
Natalie Kirkwood had bought the skirt from British retailer Asda for her 7-year-old daughter, Sophia, to wear to school.
So she did what any curious/thorough/concerned parent would do and took to the skirt lining with a pair of scissors.
What did she find?
A dead mouse.
How had it got there? How long ago had it been sewn into the skirt lining? The smell would suggest a wee while ago.
In the footage Kirkwood can be heard saying: "Oh my god, the smell..."
The NZ Herald reported that Kirkwood said her daughter had worn the skirt on numerous occasions. Okay, now we feel really sick.
Asda has been contacted and notified of the find.
An Asda spokesman has said: "We have begun a thorough investigation into how the mouse got into a skirt that was manufactured last summer."
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019