There's cute, and then there's really cute. Kate Hudson's new baby girl is most definitely the latter.
The Hollywood starlet has shared the first picture of her newborn daughter and it's clear Kate is utterly besotted - her, and the rest of us!
Posting a pic of the new baby swaddled in blankets and wearing a perfectly placed bow on her head, Kate wrote: "🌹Our little rosebud🌹"
Kate, who gave birth to her daughter on October 2nd with boyfriend Danny Fujikawa, announced the exciting news on Instagram along with her very special name - Rani Rose Hudson Fujikawa.
The name is a tribute to Rani's grandfather, Ron Fujikawa. Kate wrote: "Ron was the most special man who we all miss dearly. To name her after him is an honour."
Kate thanked her fans for their support following the birth: "Everyone is doing well and happy as can be. Our family thanks you all for the love and blessings that have been sent our way and we send ours right back."
The How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days actress has two other children, Bingham Hawn, 7, and Ryder Russell, 14.
The names of her two eldest also hold special meanings - Ryder's middle name honours Kurt Russell, who was Kate's mum Goldie Hawn's partner of 35 years.
Kate spoke about Russell's fatherly influence on The Howard Stern Show: "When you have a father like Kurt who's sort of been there for the hard stuff… the thing is he's not a perfect man, no one is, but the trust that I got from him in terms of his dependability was just priceless for me."
Meanwhile, Kate's second child, Bingham, whose father is Muse frontman Matt Bellamy, was named after his grandma's maiden name.
Kate and Danny, who reportedly started dating in March 2017, announced she was expecting her third child in April 2018.
In the excitable Instagram post, Kate wrote: "My kids, Danny, myself and the entire family are crazy excited! A little girl on the way."
In September, Kate held a very pink, and very girly baby shower for her bub's impending arrival.
The actress was joined by friends and family dressed in white and surrounded by pink and white flowers.
Hudson has been great at sharing gorgeous pics and updates from her pregnancy, so we're looking forward to seeing more of little Rani!
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019