There's cute, and then there's really cute. Kate Hudson's new baby girl is most definitely the latter.
The Hollywood starlet has shared the first picture of her newborn daughter and it's clear Kate is utterly besotted - her, and the rest of us!
Posting a pic of the new baby swaddled in blankets and wearing a perfectly placed bow on her head, Kate wrote: "🌹Our little rosebud🌹"
Kate, who gave birth to her daughter on October 2nd with boyfriend Danny Fujikawa, announced the exciting news on Instagram along with her very special name - Rani Rose Hudson Fujikawa.
The name is a tribute to Rani's grandfather, Ron Fujikawa. Kate wrote: "Ron was the most special man who we all miss dearly. To name her after him is an honour."
Kate thanked her fans for their support following the birth: "Everyone is doing well and happy as can be. Our family thanks you all for the love and blessings that have been sent our way and we send ours right back."
The How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days actress has two other children, Bingham Hawn, 7, and Ryder Russell, 14.
The names of her two eldest also hold special meanings - Ryder's middle name honours Kurt Russell, who was Kate's mum Goldie Hawn's partner of 35 years.
Kate spoke about Russell's fatherly influence on The Howard Stern Show: "When you have a father like Kurt who's sort of been there for the hard stuff… the thing is he's not a perfect man, no one is, but the trust that I got from him in terms of his dependability was just priceless for me."
Meanwhile, Kate's second child, Bingham, whose father is Muse frontman Matt Bellamy, was named after his grandma's maiden name.
Kate and Danny, who reportedly started dating in March 2017, announced she was expecting her third child in April 2018.
In the excitable Instagram post, Kate wrote: "My kids, Danny, myself and the entire family are crazy excited! A little girl on the way."
In September, Kate held a very pink, and very girly baby shower for her bub's impending arrival.
The actress was joined by friends and family dressed in white and surrounded by pink and white flowers.
Hudson has been great at sharing gorgeous pics and updates from her pregnancy, so we're looking forward to seeing more of little Rani!
- MindDo you have FOBO? Why the fear of better options could be fuel for anxiety
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- FamilyA mum's worst nightmare: 'I saw my son floating lifeless'
Woman's DayToday 10:00am
- MindDiane Keaton opens up about her heartache over her brother's mental health struggles in new book
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry teases an upcoming collaboration with Jon Bon Jovi via an amusing text conversation
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Career20 career tips that will make 2020 your best year at work ever
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message to Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2020
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have confirmed more details about their future
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2020
- Real LifeThe 2011 Christchurch earthquake struck the day after my birthday and changed my life forever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 20, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a brilliant Banana Boat prize pack worth $100!
Good Health ChoicesFeb 20, 2020