There's cute, and then there's really cute. Kate Hudson's new baby girl is most definitely the latter.
The Hollywood starlet has shared the first picture of her newborn daughter and it's clear Kate is utterly besotted - her, and the rest of us!
Posting a pic of the new baby swaddled in blankets and wearing a perfectly placed bow on her head, Kate wrote: "🌹Our little rosebud🌹"
Kate, who gave birth to her daughter on October 2nd with boyfriend Danny Fujikawa, announced the exciting news on Instagram along with her very special name - Rani Rose Hudson Fujikawa.
The name is a tribute to Rani's grandfather, Ron Fujikawa. Kate wrote: "Ron was the most special man who we all miss dearly. To name her after him is an honour."
Kate thanked her fans for their support following the birth: "Everyone is doing well and happy as can be. Our family thanks you all for the love and blessings that have been sent our way and we send ours right back."
The How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days actress has two other children, Bingham Hawn, 7, and Ryder Russell, 14.
The names of her two eldest also hold special meanings - Ryder's middle name honours Kurt Russell, who was Kate's mum Goldie Hawn's partner of 35 years.
Kate spoke about Russell's fatherly influence on The Howard Stern Show: "When you have a father like Kurt who's sort of been there for the hard stuff… the thing is he's not a perfect man, no one is, but the trust that I got from him in terms of his dependability was just priceless for me."
Meanwhile, Kate's second child, Bingham, whose father is Muse frontman Matt Bellamy, was named after his grandma's maiden name.
Kate and Danny, who reportedly started dating in March 2017, announced she was expecting her third child in April 2018.
In the excitable Instagram post, Kate wrote: "My kids, Danny, myself and the entire family are crazy excited! A little girl on the way."
In September, Kate held a very pink, and very girly baby shower for her bub's impending arrival.
The actress was joined by friends and family dressed in white and surrounded by pink and white flowers.
Hudson has been great at sharing gorgeous pics and updates from her pregnancy, so we're looking forward to seeing more of little Rani!
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 4:00pm
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveToday 1:20pm
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayToday 1:00pm
- PetsMeet NZ's most lovable rescue pet: Tinkerbelle 'the wobble dog'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 7:45am
- CareerAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the band of women shaking up America
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- RoyalsHappy 1st wedding anniversary Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan! A timeline of their beautiful love story
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyDancing with the Stars judge Rachel White on why NZ has a special place in her heart
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyDear Thomasin and Davida: Miranda Harcourt's open letter to her daughters
The Australian Women's WeeklyMay 18, 2019
- MindThree women share their inspiring journeys towards empowerment, self-healing and learning to forgive
Good Health ChoicesMay 18, 2019
- FertilityAfter $70,000 spent on IVF Sharee Welch can finally hold her miracle twins
Woman's DayMay 18, 2019