Virginia-based juice company Welch's has found that the average mother spends an exhausting 98 hours per week on parenting duties, which it transpires is the equivalent of working two and a half full-time jobs.
The survey of over 2000 mothers from across the U.S, with children aged between five and 12, revealed that, a usual day beginning at 6:23am will contain a break that lasts for one hour and seven minutes – so a little more than a lunch break – before finally concluding at 20:31.
The equivalent of working 14 hours per day but doing so every single day of the week, and not just during the week - weekends essentially do not exist for the average mum.
Fast food, Netflix, iPads, a stash of toys, reliable grandparents that live nearby, plus that winning combo of caffeine and naps whenever possible, were just some of the 'lifesavers' called on to ensure that family life runs smoothly.
With four in ten of the mums surveyed still finding their never-ending list of tasks to complete to be an uphill struggle, it probably explains why wine was also listed in the top 20 things that mothers can't do without.
Speaking to Yahoo, Casey Lewis, MS, RD and Health & Nutrition Lead at Welch's said: "The results of the survey highlight just how demanding the role of mum can be and the non-stop barrage of tasks it consists of," before continuing, "busy mums may identify with the list of 'lifesavers', which highlights not just a rigorous workload but a constant requirement to feed and fuel the family, week in and week out."
It's the constant need to fuel the entire family, and for that food to be healthy and nutritious, sitting on top of the non-stop routine, that's an added pressure for mums - particularly when confronted with a family of picky-eaters.
This story originally appeared on Grazia
- FamilyHappy birthday Neve! New Zealand's First Baby turns one!
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- FitnessAdele’s taken up a new healthy hobby and it’s helped her lose more than 6kg
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RelationshipsOlympic rower Emma Twigg's whirlwind proposal: 'When you know, you know'
Woman's DayToday 10:00am
- FitnessSilver Swans: the ballet class for dancers aged 55-plus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:15am
- CompetitionsBe in to win the trip of a lifetime to Italy with Jo Seagar!
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsMike Tindall makes the Queen laugh when he reveals what's hiding under his top hat
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsA woman is in hospital after an accident involving Prince William and Duchess Catherine's royal convoy
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Real LifeJoyous news! Sub title technology for the hearing impaired is being trialled at NZ cinemas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsRoyal ladies in blue! See all the gorgeous outfits from the first day of Royal Ascot 2019
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- MindGemma McCaw's 6 steps to being confident in your own skin
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesJun 18, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019