One month ago David Beckham found themselves embroiled in a bizarre battle.
The former Manchester United football legend shared a holiday photo from his trip to Tanzania with five-year-old daughter Harper.
The father-of-four and his little girl shared a kiss, which Victoria Beckham's hubby captioned, “Kiss for Daddy”.
Since we now live in a world where the public is both judge and jury - many decide to share their expert opinion on the way the Brit showed affection towards Harper.
"To be honest kissing your daughter on the lips is a little weird...” one user wrote, with another adding, “I try not to judge but I can’t help but think it’s pretty weird that he kisses her on the lips considering her age.”
The 42-year-old has now spoken out about the drama surrounding the tender snap.
In David's very first Facebook Live, he confessed he adores showing his little ones he cares.
"I got actually criticised for kissing my daughter on the lips the other day. I kiss all my kids on the lips," he said about his kids children Brooklyn, 18, Romeo, 14, Cruz, 12 and five-year-old Harper.
Though the proud papa did admit that his eldest wasn't as keen for a dad smooch.
"Brooklyn maybe not. Brooklyn is 18, so he might find that a little strange, but I'm very affectionate with the kids."
The sporting legend explained that both he and Victoria were raised in an affectionate household and have no qualms about doing the same with their family.
"It's how I was brought up - and Victoria - It's how we are with our children," David said.
"We want to show our kids love and we protect them, look after them, and support them, and we’re very affectionate with them."
Last year, Victoria found herself on the firing line, sharing a snap of herself giving Harper a kiss in a birthday post.
Some social media users critisied the picture, saying it was a "horrible" and "controversial".
We chatted to Mother & Baby editor Erin Mayo, who mused, “This whole issue has been around in the past, where people have sexualised an innocent, sweet moment between a parent and a child.
“I think most parents will admit that they still give their four- or five-year-old a kiss on the lips – I know I do. It’s a kiss - there is nothing sexual about it!"
“It’s a shame that something so innocent and natural has been made out to be something tawdry.”
- FamilyHappy birthday Neve! New Zealand's First Baby turns one!
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- FitnessAdele’s taken up a new healthy hobby and it’s helped her lose more than 6kg
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RelationshipsOlympic rower Emma Twigg's whirlwind proposal: 'When you know, you know'
Woman's DayToday 10:00am
- FitnessSilver Swans: the ballet class for dancers aged 55-plus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:15am
- CompetitionsBe in to win the trip of a lifetime to Italy with Jo Seagar!
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsMike Tindall makes the Queen laugh when he reveals what's hiding under his top hat
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsA woman is in hospital after an accident involving Prince William and Duchess Catherine's royal convoy
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Real LifeJoyous news! Sub title technology for the hearing impaired is being trialled at NZ cinemas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsRoyal ladies in blue! See all the gorgeous outfits from the first day of Royal Ascot 2019
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- MindGemma McCaw's 6 steps to being confident in your own skin
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesJun 18, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019