One month ago David Beckham found themselves embroiled in a bizarre battle.
The former Manchester United football legend shared a holiday photo from his trip to Tanzania with five-year-old daughter Harper.
The father-of-four and his little girl shared a kiss, which Victoria Beckham's hubby captioned, “Kiss for Daddy”.
Since we now live in a world where the public is both judge and jury - many decide to share their expert opinion on the way the Brit showed affection towards Harper.
"To be honest kissing your daughter on the lips is a little weird...” one user wrote, with another adding, “I try not to judge but I can’t help but think it’s pretty weird that he kisses her on the lips considering her age.”
The 42-year-old has now spoken out about the drama surrounding the tender snap.
In David's very first Facebook Live, he confessed he adores showing his little ones he cares.
"I got actually criticised for kissing my daughter on the lips the other day. I kiss all my kids on the lips," he said about his kids children Brooklyn, 18, Romeo, 14, Cruz, 12 and five-year-old Harper.
Though the proud papa did admit that his eldest wasn't as keen for a dad smooch.
"Brooklyn maybe not. Brooklyn is 18, so he might find that a little strange, but I'm very affectionate with the kids."
The sporting legend explained that both he and Victoria were raised in an affectionate household and have no qualms about doing the same with their family.
"It's how I was brought up - and Victoria - It's how we are with our children," David said.
"We want to show our kids love and we protect them, look after them, and support them, and we’re very affectionate with them."
Last year, Victoria found herself on the firing line, sharing a snap of herself giving Harper a kiss in a birthday post.
Some social media users critisied the picture, saying it was a "horrible" and "controversial".
We chatted to Mother & Baby editor Erin Mayo, who mused, “This whole issue has been around in the past, where people have sexualised an innocent, sweet moment between a parent and a child.
“I think most parents will admit that they still give their four- or five-year-old a kiss on the lips – I know I do. It’s a kiss - there is nothing sexual about it!"
“It’s a shame that something so innocent and natural has been made out to be something tawdry.”
- BodyOlivia Newton-John is battling cancer for the third time - why she's not letting it get her down
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019