Channing Tatum has written the most touching letter to his three-year-old daughter, Everly, sharing his thoughts on the kind of woman he hopes she can be when she grows up.
The Magic Mike star, 37, penned the open letter in Cosmopolitan, revealing that he’s kept awake at night thinking about everything he wants for his daughter's life.
“My highest hope for her is just that she has the fearlessness to always be her authentic self, no matter what she thinks men want her to be,” Channing penned.
He also reflected on his seven-year marriage to Everly's mother, Jenna Dewan-Tatum, 36, and declared the one wish he has is that his little girl will also find a love like theirs.
“That’s what I want for my daughter — to be expectation-less with her love and not allow preconceived standards to affect her, to ask herself what she wants and feel empowered enough to act on it.”
The actor also revealed that it was Jenna’s “radical authenticity” that made him fall madly in love with her.
“I knew our connection was really powerful, but I wasn’t sure what our relationship was going to be,” Channing admitted.
“Then one day, Jenna just blurted out that she knew exactly what she wanted in life and she didn’t have to look for it anymore because it was me… It was the sexiest thing she’d ever done.”
He finished off his tribute by sharing a powerful statement to his daughter about breaking gender stereotypes, writing “We live in a society that has trained men and women to play certain kinds of roles for a long time. I guess if there’s one thing that I think men wish women knew, it’s just that they alone are enough.”
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am