Jessie J performed songs from her new album Rose in London earlier this week, and surprised fans with a very candid confession.
The talented Brit introduced the track "Four Letter Word" with a heartfelt speech, reports The Metro.
"I was told four years ago that I can't ever have children," Jessie revealed.
"I don't tell you guys for sympathy because I'm one of millions of women and men that have gone through this and will go through this."
She added: "It can't be something that defines us but I wanted to write this song for myself in my moment of pain and sadness but also to give myself joy, to give other people something that they can listen to in that moment when it gets really hard.
"So if you've ever experienced anything with this or have seen somebody else go through it or have lost a child, then please know you're not alone in your pain and I'm thinking of you when I sing this song."
Lyrics to the song include: "B-A-B-Y/ I talk to you at night. The pain, it makes me so impulsive/ I hate I can't control what I do/ Even though I know the reason, I still cry out for you/ So many highs, it's balanced/ I just gotta accept my truth.
"God knows I'm waiting to be a mother."
Interviews around the time Jessie found out her sad news, in 2014, when she was 26, have now been dug up and in them, she frequently mentions babies.
In one Evening Standard interview, she said: "I've always been broody.
"I don't know why that's made such a big deal of. I want to be my parents in 34 years' time. They've been married for 36 years. I want to live to 100 and see my kids' kids grow up."
And in 2016, two years after discovering the news of her infertility, she told Women's Health: "I talk about my children every day.
"Even though they don't exist. It sounds really weird, but I do. I put into the universe that I love them… who knows when it's going to happen?"
Jessie, who has previously spoken about heart problems which led to her suffering a stroke aged 18, hasn't detailed what specific fertility issue she has.
The leading issues that can cause infertility in women include ovulation problems as a result of PCOS, thyroid problems and premature ovarian failure, scarring in the womb from surgery, fibroids, endometriosis (which affects 1.5 million women and, a year ago, led Lena Dunham to have a total hysterectomy aged 31), and pelvic inflammatory disease.
LISTEN: Jessie J's heartbreaking song about her infertility. Story continues...
In attendance at Jessie J's concert was rumoured new boyfriend, Channing Tatum. The Magic Mike actor and recently divorced father was spotted at Jessie's Royal Albert Hall gig, just a few seats away from her mum, Rose. He later tweeted:
If this isn't proof enough of their relationship then we don't know what is! Regardless of whether or not Jessie and Channing are an item, we wish Jessie all the best; fertility struggles are absolutely heartbreaking and no one deserves that.
Stay strong, Jessie!
Via our sister site Grazia.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020