English singer Jessie J has revealed that after being told by doctors four year ago that she wouldn't be able to naturally conceive children she's undergone a complete diet and lifestyle overhaul in the hopes it will help her fertility, saying she hasn't given up hope.
Speaking on the Heart Breakfast radio podcast, the 31-year-old singer, who is currently dating actor Channing Tatum, says, "I've always been someone that's open and honest.
"Four, four-and-a-half, five years ago, I was diagnosed with this disease, which is making it harder. I was told I can't have children, but I don't believe it.
"I believe in miracles. I haven't given up."
She added: "Over the last four years, I've changed my diet. I've changed the way I live, I've done a lot of self-work.
"I am still in the process of it."
The interview comes just months after she heartbreakingly shared she couldn't have children, while introducing the song Four Letter Word during a London concert in November.
"I was told four years ago that I can't have children," Jessie told the crowd at the time.
"I don't tell you guys for sympathy because I'm one of millions of women and men that have gone through this and will go through this.
"It can't be something that defines us but I wanted to write this song for myself in my moment of pain and sadness but also give myself joy, to give other people something that they can listen to in that moment when it gets really hard," she added.
"So if you've ever experienced anything with this or have seen somebody else go through it or have lost a child, then please know you're not alone in your pain and I'm thinking of you when I sing this song."
Lyrics to the emotional song include: "B-A-B-Y/ I talk to you at night. The pain, it makes me so impulsive/ I hate I can't control what I do/ Even though I know the reason, I still cry out for you/ So many highs, it's balanced/ I just gotta accept my truth.
"God knows I'm waiting to be a mother."
The Domino singer has been dating Channing Tatum, 39, since October 2018, however according to People the couple haven't discussed the possibility of marriage or children (Channing Tatum has a six-year-old daughter with his ex-wife Jenna Dewan).
"No! Just because he's Channing Tatum, everyone has kind of like sped this up into, 'Are you getting married?'," Jessie explains.
"I mean I have been in a relationship with people longer than Chan, but they're not famous so no one really cares," she added.
- RoyalsThe Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages
Now To LoveJan 14, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAt home with Dame Kiri: 'You'll never want to leave!'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Real LifeOne-armed Kiwi dancer Brylee Mills reveals why her disability won't stop her
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine’s portrait photographer, Paolo Roversi, reveals Prince William and the kids’ favourite photo, plus special behind the scenes details
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsChris and Mel Cairns: 'We're in this battle together'
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsIn memoriam: Paying tribute to the stars we have sadly lost in 2022
Now To LoveJan 11, 2022
- RoyalsThree new portraits of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge have been released to mark her milestone 40th birthday
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 09, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAll Blacks captain Sam Cane and wife Harriet's baby joy
Woman's DayJan 07, 2022