The IVF way
- Age is one of the most important factors – talking to a specialist earlier will help your chances
when you are ready to have a baby.
- AMH test, or Anti-Mullerian Hormone test, is a great place to start. Ovarian Reserve – the number of eggs a woman has left in her ovaries – falls with age. Understanding your own AMH result can help women to make decisions today that will help in the future.
- Single and wanting to start a family? Accessing a sperm donor could be a path you want to consider. There are two types of sperm donors at Fertility Associates, a personal donor, or a clinic-recruited donor. A personal donor is someone you know, while a clinic donor is recruited by the facility. The fastest option to starting treatment is through a personal donor, as there's a waiting list to access clinic donors.
- The first consultation costs around $275 at Fertility Associates and includes:
- Talking through your medical history, including possible family conditions
- Discussing any past fertility tests, you may have had
- A physical examination. You don't need a referral – to access a first consultation, simply visit fertilityassociates.co.nz, or if you prefer you can talk to your GP and get them to refer you that way.
- Treatment options can include:
- Egg freezing to preserve fertility
- Intrauterine insemination with a sperm donor
- IVF with a sperm donor.