This week, Woman’s Day columnist Kate Hawkesby takes the reins as Guest Editor for a very special teen parenting issue!
As a mother-of-five – including four teens – in her blended family with Mike Hosking, teen parenting is something Kate has plenty of experience with.
“I was happy to take up the challenge when Sido [Kitchin, Woman's Day Editor-in-Chief] asked, because the topic of parenting teenagers is close to my heart,” she says.
“I love being a part of Woman’s Day, as it brings together such a big community of mothers through its stories, and anything we can share with each other helps … I truly do believe it takes a village!
For this week’s special edition of the magazine, Kate talked to parenting experts on teenagers and technology and interviewed a youth counsellor about those tricky teen taboos that many parents find difficult to discuss with their children.
She also “roped in” husband Mike for a ‘He Says, She Says’ feature tackling their different parenting styles.
However, Kate reveals her biggest challenge was coordinating the cover story with MP Paula Bennett, TV stars Karen Olsen and Teuila Blakely and celebrity cook Annabel Langbein.
Grab your copy of this week’s Woman’s Day, on sale now, to read all of the tips, tricks and revelations in our teen parenting issue.
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am