After pursuing roles in Hollywood and Australia for the past few years, including landing a role in Sisters, the new hit show from the makers of Offspring, Antonia Prebble is home for Christmas and says family time is more precious than ever.
"As I get older, and my parents get older, I want to spend more time with them. I want to see my nephews grow up. So I feel slightly less energised towards fearlessly pursuing a career beyond the Antipodes," the Kiwi actress reveals in an exclusive interview with The Australian Women's Weekly.
She says she's grateful for the opportunities she's had overseas – particularly her role in the new Australian drama series Sisters, currently screening in Australia – but hopes to be sticking closer to home in the future.
"When you pursue something professionally away from New Zealand, yes, you're in the market for amazing gains, but there are inherent sacrifices because you're so far from home," she says.
Luckily for Antonia, filming for the fourth season of Westside will keep her busy here for some time. And although she will be flat-tack on the production, she will get a 'luxurious' two weeks off over summer, including Christmas Day in Wellington with her family.
Alongside the family tradition of sitting around the table singing The 12 Days of Christmas, Antonia's brother Ben will be back from England, with his new girlfriend, and her sister Becky will be there with two young children in tow, making Christmas Day even more special.
She reveals in this month's The Australian Women's Weekly that she also has a surprise new role away from the camera – for which she's having to overcome a small emotional hurdle – and tells all about her unexpected link to royalty.
Read the full story with Antonia Prebble in The Australian Women's Weekly, out now.
- MindThe tools that helped this author overcome his battle with depression
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am