It's a boy! Dame Valerie Adams has taken to Instagram to announce the gender of her and husband Gabriel Price's second baby.
The couple, pictured above, are clearly elated to becoming a family of four, with Adams' Instagram post featuring an image of their one-year-old daughter, Kimoana Josephine, with a sign saying "Baby bro is on the way!"
It was only a few weeks ago, in October, that the Olympic gold medallist announced that she and Gabriel were expecting a second child together. Again it was by way of the sweetest of Instagram posts where they shared an image of Kimoana with a sign that read,"I'm going to be a sister."
Adams has been open in the past about the difficulties she and Gabriel have faced to start a family.
The couple began trying for a baby after the Rio Olympics in 2016, but discovered Valerie suffered from a low egg supply. They turned to IVF but their first round was unsuccessul. And then they were struck another blow when they discovered Adams suffered from endometriosis.
"It was horrible – the worst experience ever," Dame Valerie revealed to Woman's Day. "My heart was broken. All we could do was cry."
A different cycle of IVF was decided on and not long after, Valerie fell pregnant.
But because there were so many obstacles to overcome to get pregnant first time round, and because Adams still plans to compete in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, she and Price decided it had to be now or never if they wanted to have a second child.
"I don't want to come end of Tokyo, look back and have any regrets," she told One News. "That's what I didn't want to happen because realistically, my fertility situation isn't great and this was my only chance. My timeframe was limited and I knew that."
"It's possible to come out and have a pregnancy, have a baby and create your family but also go back to high-level sport, there's nothing that says you can't do that."
Valerie returned to competition six months after Kimoana's birth, winning silver at the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Married at First SightIs MAFS' Mike Gunner running his own fan page? The signs are compelling!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019
- BodyWhat it's like one year on from weight-loss surgery
Now To LoveFeb 12, 2019