Primary school teacher Mrs Brandy Young has told parents that the students in her class would be trialling “something new” when it comes to homework.
The Texan teacher said work sent home would now only consist of the work students didn’t get time to finish in class that day, not additional work designed for after school.
Sending a note home with pupils to explain the new regime, Mrs Young said that: “Research has been unable to prove that homework improves student performance.”
“Rather, I ask that you spend your evenings doing things that are proven to correlate with student success. Eat dinner as a family, read together, play outside, and get your child to bed early.”
When parent Samantha Gallagher got the note out of her daughter’s school bag last week she was so touched she posted it on Facebook where it has since been re-shared over 70 thousand times.
Ms Gallagher aptly captioned: “Brooke is loving her new teacher already!”
Many have come out in praise of the teacher’s new rules, and it seems the rest of the internet world agrees.
One top comment on Facebook read:
“This is so awesome as it demonstrates how many parents and teachers would support this kind of policy! Especially for kids in Elementary school. It prioritizes family time and youth activity! I feel 8 hrs a day in school for kids this age is enough.”
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019